I'm just now getting around to writing about our Halloween. We had a very fun, family-filled weekend. Friday night my sister and brother in law had an Auburn/Ole Miss themed Halloween party at their house. We took the baby for a little while, and since my in-laws were in town (yay for babysitters!), we took the baby home and put her to bed and headed back out to the party. When my brother heard about the football theme of the party, he next day aired (all the way from Cali) a Halloween costume for Curran. It was hilarious! Unfortunately she got a little too hot in it, so we had to change her outfit after just a little while. It was almost Ole Miss colors, so it was perfect! And Daddy had to wear his Tennessee helmet. I have tried to "lose" that hat so many times with no success.
So tacky it's cute
On Saturday, all the girls went to brunch at Another Broken Egg. The boys were supposed to play golf, but it rained, and now I can't remember what they did. Watched football I guess. We don't get too many trick-or-treaters on our street because they block off another street in Homewood where a lot of the kids go, so we walked over to our friends Roger and Nancy's house and then walked down West Glenwood, the "Halloween Street," to see what the fuss was all about. It was insanely crowded, and I'm not so sure I would want my kids running around down there. I don't see how parents keep up with their kids. Then we walked back to our house and ate BBQ for din-din. Every time the Quinns come into town, they bring BBQ (they're from Memphis), so we always have at least one meal taken care of. We had brunch on Sunday at The Open Door, home of the best beignets this side of New Orleans. So that about sums up our weekend.
Beers in hand, ready to go.






1 comment:
LOVE the pics!! and laughed hysterically at the squirrel story!! Yuck. :)
Post a Comment