I think that title belongs to my niece dog Sadie, and I will tell you why.
Every night from about 6-9:00 Curran has a bit of a meltdown (that's putting it mildly), and there is no calming her. So last night I decided to try something different to head it off before it started. So when she started to get a little fussy, I put her in her sling and walked around the front yard and up and down the sidewalk in front of the house. She immediately went to sleep, but I kept on walking just for good measure. And who do I see come jogging up the street?? Christopher and Craig's dog, Sadie. Now let me back up here and tell you that Christopher is in Baltimore, and I had just gotten off the phone a few minutes before with Craig who was out on the golf course. We had invited him to eat supper with us, but he said he would be playing a bit longer. So when I saw Sadie come sauntering up to me just minutes later, I thought to myself that maybe Craig had somehow (miraculously) already made it home and decided to run with Sadie or ride his bike over to our house. They live 1.8 miles away, and he and Sadie make the trek quite often. However, after a few minutes when Craig hadn't shown up behind Sadie, I got a little worried thinking that he might be hurt on the side of the road and Sadie ran for help. Ya know, like Lassie. I called Craig who was safe and sound still on the golf course. When I told him that his dog just showed up for a visit, he didn't seem too surprised. He said, "Well she runs over there with me all the time." Uhh, that doesn't make her trip any less amazing in my eyes. He said he had gone home earlier in the day and left Sadie outside. I guess she got bored and wanted to come see what the Quinns were up to. And let me tell you, it is not a straight shot from their house to ours. And she had to cross Broadway (which is a fairly busy street for those of you who don't live here in town) to get here. I am curious as to what route she took to get over here! :) So all that to say, she is one smart cookie and therefore, in my opinion, earns the title of World's Smartest Dog. What do you think?
And back to Curran, the sling and the walk outside seemed to do the trick. I may have to try that every night. I even ate dinner wearing the sling with her in it. I was too scared to take it off! It was the first time that John, my mom, and I all got to sit together to eat. Usually we eat in shifts since dinner occurs during the witching hour around here. But you know, just because something works once, doesn't mean it will work again. So we'll see.
Every night from about 6-9:00 Curran has a bit of a meltdown (that's putting it mildly), and there is no calming her. So last night I decided to try something different to head it off before it started. So when she started to get a little fussy, I put her in her sling and walked around the front yard and up and down the sidewalk in front of the house. She immediately went to sleep, but I kept on walking just for good measure. And who do I see come jogging up the street?? Christopher and Craig's dog, Sadie. Now let me back up here and tell you that Christopher is in Baltimore, and I had just gotten off the phone a few minutes before with Craig who was out on the golf course. We had invited him to eat supper with us, but he said he would be playing a bit longer. So when I saw Sadie come sauntering up to me just minutes later, I thought to myself that maybe Craig had somehow (miraculously) already made it home and decided to run with Sadie or ride his bike over to our house. They live 1.8 miles away, and he and Sadie make the trek quite often. However, after a few minutes when Craig hadn't shown up behind Sadie, I got a little worried thinking that he might be hurt on the side of the road and Sadie ran for help. Ya know, like Lassie. I called Craig who was safe and sound still on the golf course. When I told him that his dog just showed up for a visit, he didn't seem too surprised. He said, "Well she runs over there with me all the time." Uhh, that doesn't make her trip any less amazing in my eyes. He said he had gone home earlier in the day and left Sadie outside. I guess she got bored and wanted to come see what the Quinns were up to. And let me tell you, it is not a straight shot from their house to ours. And she had to cross Broadway (which is a fairly busy street for those of you who don't live here in town) to get here. I am curious as to what route she took to get over here! :) So all that to say, she is one smart cookie and therefore, in my opinion, earns the title of World's Smartest Dog. What do you think?
And back to Curran, the sling and the walk outside seemed to do the trick. I may have to try that every night. I even ate dinner wearing the sling with her in it. I was too scared to take it off! It was the first time that John, my mom, and I all got to sit together to eat. Usually we eat in shifts since dinner occurs during the witching hour around here. But you know, just because something works once, doesn't mean it will work again. So we'll see.



1 comment:
I still can't believe she did that!! Yes she IS the world's smartest (and prettiest) dog!! :) thank u for taking care of her.
Post a Comment