
Happy Anniversary to my sweet husband! Since I feel like most of my posts kind of poke fun at John, I think he deserves one dedicated to how wonderful he is! This will probably be annoyingly cheesy, but I don't care. Read on at your own risk.
Never in a million years did I think that two years into our marriage we would have an almost two week old baby. But obviously God's plans are much bigger and better than we could ever imagine, and I can't imagine spending our second anniversary any other way. On one hand, it feels like we have been married a lot longer than two years. We have been together for seven. But on the other hand, our wedding day doesn't seem like that long ago, and our first anniversary seems like just yesterday. We were busy moving into our new house, and my mom was in town helping us get settled. This year John's mom is here helping with the baby. So who knows who will be celebrating with us next year!
I am so very thankful to have such a kind, compassionate, generous, and selfless husband. My mom told us to start praying for our future husbands when we were younger, and I said the same prayer every night. At the time, I kind of felt like it was silly, but I definitely feel like God heard my prayers and gave me my perfect match. I can't imagine going through life's journey with anyone else. I never had a doubt that John would be a great father one day, but he has gone above and beyond since Curran has been born. I have never seen sweeter emotion from a person than when John saw Curran for the first time. I hope I never forget it. John has not only done an incredible job of taking care of me, he is always ready and willing to help with the baby. And he doesn't see it as a chore. He gladly takes over duty when I am exhausted. He can't wait to see her when he comes home for lunch or at the end of day. He insists on me waking him up during our night time feedings just so he can see her and help me change her and get her settled back down. He sure is smitten with her!! It is too cute! On the first day we were home with her, John asked how in the world single parents do it, and I said I had no idea. I don't know what in the world I would do without John's help. I'd be in the loony bin for sure. There are not words to explain how much I love and appreciate John's presence in my life. Hopefully he knows! :) So Happy Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy my sweetness while you can because I'll probably be back to poking fun at you in no time!



No comments:
Post a Comment