Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Two Weeks Old

Yesterday Curran turned two weeks old. We celebrated this week by:
  • The two week ban on driving was lifted so Mama ran a quick errand while Daddy was home to watch Curran over lunch. Ahhh freedom...it was lovely. Who knew they didn't let you drive for two weeks after delivery? Well you all probably did, but I didn't. It's not like I had surgery. But it's probably for good reason. I am certainly still not feeling 100% normal, and sleep-deprivation and driving probably don't mix well.
  • John and I left Curran at home with Aunt Chrissy and went to dinner at Gian Marco's for our anniversary. I was super nervous at first, not about Curran, but about Christopher. I was worried the baby would scream the whole time and she wouldn't know what to do. Not that I ever know what to do either, but my go-to move is to feed her, which Christopher obviously can't do. We were literally right down the street, and we sat at a bar table in case we needed to scoot out of there in a hurry (and I kept my cell phone on the table the whole time). Yes, I felt a little crazy, but that's ok.
  • I had my first glass of wine in 9+ months. I was a little nervous about that as well, and emailed my friend Erin to ask advice about nursing plus drinking alcohol. She assurred me that one glass would be fine. What I didn't take into consideration was that one glass might be a little too much to handle after abstaining for so long. Well, it wasn't really too much, but my legs did feel like lead when we were walking out of the restaurant, and I had a major headache for the rest of the evening. But it was so nice to get out for a while, and we had so much fun!

You're probably asking yourself why Curran's two week birthday was all about me?? I tend to favor the saying, "If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy." Is that a bad thing to live by?? But she did have a good day, too! :)


Before Dinner (We were still slightly nervous at this point if you're wondering why neither of us look super happy!)





    No worries...this is what we came home to...Super Aunt Chrissy and a sound asleep baby


4 comments:

Christopher said...

Well I'm certainly glad that I didn't kill her and that she didn't kill me!! Maybe you'll let me do it again to break up groundhog day! :)

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Anytime you're up for it, sista!

Samantha said...

I want to eat her up, I need to come visit when we get back from the beach!!!

Emily Ferris said...

YAY!!! Glad the night out was a success for all involved!! Happy Anniversary to y'all and happy two weeks old to Curran!