Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lots of Firsts...

First Day Home






First Bath...we are serious about that hair washin'





Not so sure about this whole idea of being clean...




Much better...





First doctors appt. So peaceful.





Back at home still thinking about what that lab tech put me through...

We have had a good but tiring first few days home. We (and by that I mean Curran and myself) have only had a few major meltdowns. Curran is just so cute that it's hard to be annoyed even she when is screaming her lungs out. I didn't think her crying would make me so emotional, but today at the doctor I thought I was going to have to knock out the lady drawing her labs. She made it through the whole appointment sleeping peacefully, and then a lady came in to do a heel stick. I knew she would scream, but I didn't know the lady would put her through such torture. The whole thing probably took 5 minutes but to me it seemed like 30. Poor Curran screamed so loud I thought she was going to pass out. The lady had to sit there and squeeze blood from her foot for what seemed like forever, and she wasn't very compassionate about the whole thing. She was almost acting annoyed that Curran was screaming and thrashing about so badly. I was tearing up (which was embarrassing, but no one saw), but we made it through ok. I don't know who was more traumatized by the whole thing---Curran or me and John. At least at the next appointment, she will just get one shot and it will be over quickly, for all of us.













4 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

ML! I love all the firsts! Curran is just beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her in person one of these days. I know y'all will get into a routine soon and things will get much easier. I loved what you said in the post before about the first feeling being an overwhelming feeling to protect her. I'm thinking of y'all in these special days!

Olivia said...

ML, I can completely understand your emotions at the doctors office. They pricked David yesterday and I did cry. The lab tech looked at me like I was crazy. He kept screaming and screaming as she kept taking blood from his tiny foot. Then today we had to do it all over again with the home health nurse--she was much better and he only screamed for a second. Hope you and Curran are doing great and i will email you when i get some more time.

Erin Stephenson said...

I'm fully convinced you should not attend taht first doctor's appointment solo, b/c it is very hard to endure. Should have told you to make John take off and go with you ... get ready for the 1 month shots.

Which ped are you using?

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Oh John was there with me! We both almost had a come-apart! We are using Mary Doyle and Mayfair, and we really liked her.