My mom left to go back to Jackson today after being with us for the past week. She was here for about a week and a half after the baby was born, then she left and Mrs. Quinn came for 5 days, and then my mom came back this past Sunday. So I have basically had non-stop help for the past 3 weeks. I was still very hormonal when my mom left the first time and cried hysterically all day. Now that my raging hormones have subsided, I am not crying, but I'm still very sad to see her go. (I actually didn't know she was leaving when she left. I thought she was going to my sister's house to get something and come back. I just called her cell to see what was taking her so long and she was in Tuscaloosa. We did have company arrive just as she was leaving, so she said she didn't want to disturb us. I said, "Well you didn't even hug me or your granddaughter goodbye." She said she most certainly did hug her granddaughter. Well thanks a lot for saying goodbye to me!! But I guess it didn't give me time to get all upset, so it's ok.) Anyway, she was such a huge help--cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry, watching the baby, and just basically keeping me company. I didn't have to lift a finger while she was here. I am not worried about taking care of Curran on my own, but it will be no fun having to resume cooking and cleaning on top of that. John would say that I wasn't doing any cooking before Curran arrived, and he would be correct, so instead of saying "resume cooking" I should say "start cooking."
~~~~~~~~~~
On a completely separate note, I put the link to my blog on Facebook yesterday. I really don't know why I did it. I was lying awake late last night in between feedings debating on whether to get up and delete it from my profile. It made me nervous thinking about putting myself out there like that. Yes I know that the blog is open to the public now, but not that many people know about it, and I feel safe within the little bubble of people who I know read my blog. Even the idea of random peeps who may have trickled over from other blogs doesn't bother me. Lord knows I read so many blogs of people I don't even know. But for some reason opening up my blog to my "friends" on Facebook made me totally nervous. And I wondered if I needed to go back and delete some past blogs. Not that I think I have offended anyone (I sure hope I haven't!!), but I do try to be honest on here and speak my mind. That's what it's about after all.
Ok, now that I have gotten that off my chest. What else random do I feel the need to talk about?? I guess that's it.
Hope you all had a great weekend! I am loving this cooler weather!
3 comments:
I can totally relate to your mom's stealth goodbye..my parents pulled that same trick the first (and only) time I went to camp, it never happened again. :) Now that you and John are all by yourself, just let us know when you are ready for girls night and we will bring dinner over and catch up on any gossip!
Delete it from fb!! I don't want random peeps knowing about my niece and all about y'all's biz-nass!! :)
I am sorry to say it does not get any easier. I still cry everytime my Mom leaves and Riley is nearly 9 months old. If she'd move in I think we'd take her.
Post a Comment