But he saw it and looked at me and said, "Seriously?" and just had a look of shock on his face for a long time. And I would have loved to see the expression on my face. For some reason I got so nervous, and I'm quite sure I had the deer-in-headlights look that I made fun of my sister for having when told us she was expecting. :) He of course asked me when I found out, etc, and finally got a little excited after about 10 minutes. I mean, he was excited, but just not bouncing off the walls excited. Not that that is his personality anyway. But of course as the evening went on and the reality sunk in, he got more and more excited and emotional about it.
John is already predicting that it is a boy. Last time he said girl the whole time and was obviously right, so we'll see. I don't like to make guesses about these things, especially not this early.
I ate lunch with Christopher today and it was so hard not to spill the beans! Actually I feel like I'm about to blurt it out to every stranger I come across! I don't know how long we'll wait to tell people. I would think about 8 weeks (I'm guessing I'm like 5 weeks now, but that is a very random guess as I don't exactly have a LMP to go off of}.
I'm sure these posts are going to be super boring for most of you, but I hope it will be fun for me to go back and read. I just keep getting really paranoid that I'm accidentally going to hit "post" instead of "save"!



2 comments:
I LOVE that you did these. It's so much fun to read what was going through your mind at that point. What is LMP, though? I'm confused on that. [I'll probably feel like an idiot when you tell me.] I can't wait to hear the names y'all pick. I love how unique and special your's and Christopher's baby names have been so far!
Last menstrual period :)
Our boy name isn't too unique b/c he'll probably be named after John. And we really don't have a girl name yet, which is really weird for me! (I'm the type who has had kids' names picked out for forever. C got the only girl name we really ever had, so I've got to get busy thinking on one!
Post a Comment