Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Curran's 2nd Birthday Party

We had C's birthday party on Saturday afternoon, her actual birthday. When I was trying to come up with ideas for the party, I thought about a swim/water party. I mean, at the end of July in the deep South, there really is no other option if you want to be outside. My sister gave me the idea of using one of C's swimsuits as inspiration for the theme: fish. I always try to convince myself I'm not a theme person, but I guess it turns out that I am, at least when it comes to planning kids' parties.

So, I emailed Erin at Be True Designs and gave her the invitation wording as well as a picture of C's swimsuit, and she did the rest. I LOVED what she came up with! {as always}

It was perfect and just what I wanted! I cannot say enough good things about her and would recommend her to anyone!
The green gingham was the back side of the invite and the card on the right was the favor tag.

I was actually pretty relaxed about the whole thing {unlike how I normally am when hosting a party}, although John may disagree. But it was nice knowing it was all outside, and I didn't have to worry about food. {We just had goldfish, iced cookies, cake and ice cream. And as I'm typing this I just remembered that I had those freezer pop things to serve. Oh well. So we still have like a hundred of those things in our freezer if anyone wants to come over.} The only thing I was slightly worried about was the weather {ok, I obsessed heavily about it and checked the weather channel non-stop all week}. There was a chance of thunderstorms every day of the week, but mid-afternoon Saturday I checked and there was only like a 15% chance at 3 and it went up to like 80% at 5, but I figured we were in the clear. So I went ahead and set up all the {paper} decorations, and then the sky opened up. So we rushed to take everything down. It stormed for about 30 min or so {it seemed like a lot longer} and cleared up right as the party was starting at 3:30, so it was perfect. It then got scorching hot, but I was just thankful it wasn't raining. Anyway...

On Saturday morning, we gave C one of her birthday presents- a water table to use at the party. She and Lillian had fun playing with it before it was set up.

My parents gave C a giant inflatable water slide for her birthday. It wasn't originally part of the party plan, but I'm so glad we had it! It was a huge hit and provided lots of entertainment for the adults {in the form of watching all the kids, not playing in it, although I may or may not have gotten on it after everyone left}. 
My dad and Craig watching it get blown up.

C had fun playing with her new table while watching the slide go up.

She loved playing on it before there was water on it {it was much harder to climb when slippery}.


Some of the party decor. My friend Morgan came in town last weekend and helped me cut out the banner and all the little crab, fish, etc. 

She also gave me the idea to put sand in the buckets.

I made signs that said "for the little fish" and "for the big fish" to denote which beverage was "adult"

We had little tables for the kiddos



For the favors, we did monogrammed beach towels. I can't take any credit for the idea because it was Prim's. She also appliqued and monogrammed every single one of them! I'm glad we're still friends. :)

Favor tag

I thought they turned out SUPER cute! The towels were $4 at Target- can't beat that!


I had a shelf for people to put their things on {"Put your Fishing Gear here"} as well as extra swim diapers, sunscreen and bug spray.

My parents slaved all day over the cake! I thought it turned out so cute and was delicious!

We practiced blowing out candles a few times last week, and C talked about it all the time, but when it came down to it, she was a little nervous. The wind actually blew them out for her though, so she was off the hook.



Some of the littlest guests: Louis 
and Sinclair.

Evie and Curran eating their cake


Charlotte, Lillian and Webb

Webb, Charlotte and Curran were the last 3 on the slide, and they had so much fun together!

Curran saw this picture and said "Don't cwy baby!!" :)

After all the guests left, John went for a dip.





 Morgan and Prim with Sinclair


Evie and Curran loved bouncing on the edge. They were getting so tickled with each other.

Don't worry- Evie wasn't hurt. :) 

Charlotte

Reid was the perfect age for this thing- he had a blast and he and one of the other boys were the only ones who could really get up it by themselves. He asked his mom if Curran could have a swim party again next year and if he could be invited. So cute! :)

Lillian and Charlotte enjoying some goldfish

My dad made this awesome "Go Fishin" booth, but no one really did it. He was bummed, but there was no one behind it to encourage the kids to go over there. Plus they are a little young, I think. It was cute nonetheless!


Webb 

Reid and John Henry were all over that thing

Webb always loves to be surrounded the ladies {and I think Harrison does too :) }

Harper





C didn't understand why S couldn't splash around with her



After everyone left, C changed into her new fish outfit, another to-die-for creation from Prim {does anyone else feel like I need to start paying her???}

She did some more playing, and I got up there with her for a moment.

This is the only family pic we have from the day. Sad. We all look scary after a day of melting in the sun.

Then it was time for presents! My mom says C is the perfect present opener- she oohs and aahs and says "wow!" about everything! It was pretty cute.


Sporting some of her new dress-ups duds.

We had such a great day celebrating our sweet girl, and I am so thankful to our wonderful family and friends who made it so special!

8 comments:

Christopher said...

The party could not have been any cuter...you did an awesome job!! We loved celebrating our favorite toddler!! And very thankful for no rain. :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Chris - the party was perfect. Even the rain followed your directions! Marc is so jealous he missed the slide that I'm afraid to tell him about the popsicles (his favorites).

e.n.h. said...

So cute! I love how everything came out!

Unknown said...

It looked like so much fun! Your Lydicks are some wonderful party planners! Prim is so sweet to do that! I loved it all!

Unknown said...

I finally figured out how to post a comment on a blog!

Samantha said...

OMG that was adorable, so sad that we missed it. Hopefully, Sam can come play on the slide one day soon, it looks like so much fun!

Emily Ferris said...

SO SO SO fun, ML!! The party looks like it was absolutely a blast! loved all the pis!

cindy mcgraw said...

now that looked like a fun party! good job!