Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Pregnant! {Monday, August 1}

Here is the first of several posts I wrote when I found out I was pregnant. They may contain a little TMI {I don't think so, though}, but I was trying to record details. And again, they are p-r-e-t-t-y boring.


This morning, on the two year anniversary of Curran's due date, I found out that we are expecting baby numero dos! {the first time I wrote that I wrote 'uno.' Oops. I don't know Spanish. :) } I found out a mere 4 hours ago, and I think I'm still in shock. In shock that it happened so quickly and in shock that God would bless us so much. As I write this, John doesn't even know we're expecting a baby. Weird. The only person I have told is Curran. :) When I was pregnant with Curran, John was in the bedroom waiting on me to take the test, so there was no surprise to be had. Well the positive result was a pretty big surprise, but I didn't get to tell him the news in a very interesting way. So this time, I want to be able to completely surprise him!


Last week, I bought some cheapo store-brand pregnancy tests at Target as I was getting party supplies for C's bday. I knew we would probably need some in the next few months and figured I would get some while I was there. But as the days I went by, I starting thinking that I might should take one. So I decided to wait until after C's birthday weekend to take a test as I didn't think I would be able to act naturally in front of my family and friends at the party if it was positive. I really didn't think the test would be positive, and all night Sunday I was having dreams about negative pregnancy tests. I just didn't want to get my hopes up. I planned to take the test after John left for work this morning. However, he was so slow moving and I really had to use the bathroom, so I snuck into the guest bathroom to take the test while he was in the shower. As I watched in surprise, it read positive very quickly! I couldn't believe it and said a short little prayer of thanks. But I think I was still in shock as I carried on if nothing had happened and told John goodbye for the day.


With my last pregnancy, my progesterone was very low so I had to take supplements the whole first trimester. So this time, my OB told me to call as soon as I had a positive home test so they could check my levels. So I called them as soon as they opened at 8am. No word back from them yet as I type this though, which is making me slightly anxious.
C had a dentist appt this morning at 9, and on the way home from that I asked her if she wanted Mama and Daddy to have a baby, and she said yeah. A few months ago, John asked her that same question, wanting her to say no {just trying to be ugly}, but she didn't say anything. So this morning I was surprised when she answered in the affirmative. Then I told her that Mama had a baby in her tummy and asked if she was excited. She said "Yeah! I have a baby in my tummy too!" :) All morning I kept asking her if she wanted a new baby and she said yes over and over.  We'll see how long that excitement lasts!


It's funny because last night John asked me if I was ready for another baby. We have said all along that once C turned two we would start trying, but over the last few months he has been acting just slightly hesitant about it. And I have to admit, the thought of actually sitting down and planning it out made me extremely nervous and also a little bit sad about leaving our family of 3 behind. But I also couldn't wait to be pregnant again {even though I didn't love it last time}. So when John asked me that, I took that as a sign that just maybe the test would be positive. It will be interesting to see how he reacts. The only thing I'm certain about is that he will be shocked.

To be continued...

2 comments:

e.n.h. said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations Mary Louis! So happy for you and your family!

Jeris said...

Congrats! How exciting!