Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Monday, August 8th: Pregnancy Week 2

So I was supposed to have my first OB appt next week on the 16th, but I called this morning to see if we could move it up. I really want to start telling people but wanted to see the dr before I start spilling the beans. We have no idea how far along I am or when I'm due, so I expected them to do an ultrasound. But no, it turns out they want to wait a little longer.

With Curran, I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks {I was actually 5 weeks 6 days} to confirm the pregnancy and to establish a due date. So I thought they would do the same today. Well, I saw a different doctor in my practice, and he said he wanted to wait until my next appt in 4 weeks! Ughh! They did do a urine dipstick to make sure I was pregnant, and I have to admit I was nervous it would come back negative. But thank God it was still positive. I know I won't feel better about the pregnancy until I see that baby on the ultrasound, but I don't think I can't wait another month to tell people! Dr. W said he thinks my due date is around March 28. By my calculations I'm either almost 6 or almost 7 weeks pregnant. He said we'll get a better picture of the baby in a month, so he wants to wait to do the ultrasound then and base the due date off the ultrasound. I' sure the time will fly by, but I'm going to be pretty anxious in the meantime.

I actually started feeling "pregnant" towards the end of last week. I was making pancakes for Curran and actually had to run to the bathroom because I thought I was going to get sick. I didn't, but I have felt very nauseated many times since then. This has surprised me because I didn't start feeling nauseated with Curran until 7-8 weeks, and actually got sick for the first time on the day of my 8 week appt. So it's weird to me that I am already starting to feel sick so early. Applesauce has become my new best friend. It's the only thing that I can stomach when I'm feeling sick and know I need to eat something. I also noticed I am feeling more fatigued lately. I actually noticed that symptom before I knew I was pregnant, and I thought it was weird that I was so tired. Don't get me wrong- I feel tired MOST of the time, but I was actually feeling like I could pass out and not wake up for days. I started to feel better with Curran around 14-15 weeks, so I hope that will be true in this case as well.

No comments: