Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Curran Lately

Since I'm not going to do Curran's monthly updates on a regular basis anymore, I figured I would just jot down a few things she is saying/doing lately.


  • One of her favorite things to say these days is "How 'bout dat!?"Examples: I was asking Curran something and said, "What do you think?" She replied, "Whatcha think? How 'bout dat!" Christopher said, "Curran, I think you have a dirty diaper. " C replied, "Noooo. Well, my mama will change it. How 'bout dat?" Really, any time I make a suggestion she replies with "How bout dat."
  • She has also started saying "po' ting" {poor thing} when she feels sorry for someone, usually one of her toys.
  • This past weekend, we were in Memphis visiting my in-laws, and they have this Frosty the Snowman figurine that they keep out for her to play with. We were all sitting around the living room and all of a sudden Curran said, "Frosty hungry. Need to eat lunch." and proceeded to lift up her shirt and stick Frosty on her chest. It was hilarious.
  • Her favorite response to almost any question these days is, "OH!" Not yeah or yes, but oh. And she says it with the most exaggertated, excited o-shaped face.
  • She also thinks every black/dark speck she sees is a bug. I must hear, "OH! A bug! I hab {have} it!" about twenty times a day.

And the newest thing with Curran is...

We are expecting and are so thrilled {despite C's lackluster appearance above}! C doesn't really have much of a clue what is in store for her, but she can tell you there is a baby in mommy's tummy. She loves her cousin so very much, so I can only hope she loves her brother or sister with as much enthusiasm. We are so very grateful for this blessing!

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Aaaahhh!! Congrats to you guys!

Morgan Robinson said...

Congrats! Curran will be a great big sis!!

Shelley said...

Ahhhh this is exciting news!

Christopher said...

Yay yay yay!! C is going to be the sweetest sister. I'm already a bit jealous knowing that she will have a new baby to love (and I love S having all of her attention :) ), but am so excited for what's in store for her. And thrilled about my new niece or nephew!!!!

Brooke said...

YEAH!!!!!! I am SO excited for you!!! Though I'm not gonna lie... I think me and Briana might have to start a support system!! ;) Ahhh, so excited for you!!!

Lora G said...

I'm so happy for you guys!! Life with 2!! Exciting!!

Sarah Denley said...

What exciting news. I was so not expecting it and was all set to comment on the cute things she's saying/doing! Two is so much fun; you're in for a great (exhausting) ride! When are you due??

Life At 1604 said...

Yay!!!! I love this news! And Brooke, between getting a doctorate, taking care of crazy H, and being "Teacher of the Year"(haha), the only hope for a baby at this point would be immaculate conception!:) Such happy news, ML! What fun y'all have ahead! Hopefully, Brooke and I will not get kicked out of the group now!

Olivia said...

So exciting! Congratulations!!

Emily Ferris said...

yay for baby #2!!

cindy mcgraw said...

major happy for all of you... all i can think of is "poor chrissy" ;) seriously, i know y'all are thrilled!

Samantha said...

We are super pumped for the Quinn house. Curran is going to be the best big sis!