Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

20 Months Old

Today Curran is 20 months old! That sounds so old to me! And I feel like the time is dwindling on how much longer I'll say she's " __ months" and not "she's almost 2" or "2 and a half, " etc. 


Curran is such a ham and loves to entertain! She keeps us laughing all day long! That kid knows how to work a crowd! She has certain "tricks" that she does when she knows all eyes are on her, like her handstands with only one leg up in the air and then she flips herself over. :) My mom could tell me correctly, but I think she has been doing that same "trick" since before she could even walk.

I think we are getting close to potty training time. In her last parent/teacher conference {yes, we have those and I secretly love it!}, they told me they thought she would be very easy to train, and my mom thinks she's ready. However, I 'm not ready. And I personally don't think C is quite there just yet. But I do agree that we are not far off. My goal is to have one kid out of diapers before we bring another one into this house, so I've got plenty of time to work on that. :)

She says so many cute things these days, but my favorites are:

"hold you" when she wants me to pick her up
"good girl" when talking to Sadie {or herself sometimes :) }
she yells "Yi-yin" when she spots her buddy Lillian across the street.
"wuh you" {love you, and usually she shouts the wuuuuhhh part}
"I sorry"- one time I was changing her diaper and she had a bad rash and I could tell I was hurting her, so I kept telling her I was sorry. Well now every time I wipe her she says "I sorry." And if she has a rash and is really uncomfortable she says it over and over in the most pitiful voice. It's hilarious.


We are working on using our manners unprompted. She is pretty good with thank you, but she usually has to be reminded to say please, excuse me, etc. 

Our lives are so routine these days that I often find myself wondering what would happen if I wasn't around. I know that is so morbid, but I know {like all mothers do with their own children} all the ins and outs of how Curran ticks. If I wasn't around, who would know exactly how she likes to be rocked at night {with her pink & white blanket as well as her giraffe lovey blanket and both pacifiers in hand} and in which order I sing her songs {Jesus Loves Me, He's Got the Whole World, and This Little Light of Mine} and how she likes me to do hand motions and clap at certain parts? Who would know exactly how I get her to let me help brush her teeth? Who would know all the special voices and gestures I do in each of her books? Who would know exactly what I say to her as I put her in her crib each night?

Clearly those aforementioned things are not pertinent to her survival, but still. I'd like to think she'd miss them. :) I'm just beyond thankful to be able to enjoy this time with her!

Now that everyone is thoroughly depressed, question: Anyone have any suggestions for good toddler-rearing books? I feel like I am just flying by the seat of my pants in the parenting department, and not that I feel like I'm doing a bad job or anything, but it couldn't hurt to have some guidance, could it? 


Pictures from this week:
Uncle Craig wrapped her up in a blanket while she was watching cartoons. BTW I am so over that cheese face she does every time someone pulls out a camera. :)

John showed up at Chris and Craig's this weekend with C dressed in a bubble. It was 50 degrees outside. I'm glad John is feelin' her Spring wardrobe and everything, but it was just a tad chilly. So I got a fleece from Chris' closet for her to wear. She looked so cute in it, and she only tripped over it about 243 times.


Recalling her glory days in the bouncy seat.

Enjoying taking Sinclair on her first stroll. Have I mentioned that C has all but boycotted the stroller? {please ignore John's expression. he hardly ever cooperates for a picture.}

I was holding the girls and trying to take this picture of us at the same time hence the reason Sinclair's head is cut off. I was just holding Sinclair alone and C walked up and tried to scoop her right up like she was a baby doll. So I let her climb in my lap and "hold" her.

This is Curran pretending that she is sleeping. Convincing, huh? Maybe if you could hear the "snoring" she was doing, you'd have believed her.

She was laying in my lap the other day and put her hands over mine. I thought it was sweet so I made John grab my phone and take a picture. :)

She loves her cousin!


And of course I can't end this post without including a couple of pics of my other sweet girl!


4 comments:

Lora G said...

The Lydick women know how to produce some beautiful girls!

Brooke said...

That post was SO sweet and funny!! P and C are doing SO many things alike- hold you, the cheese face (which I LOVE), and pretending to sleep. But, when P pretends to sleep, he lies down, scrinches his eyes really tight, grins from ear to ear, and repeats over and over "honk poo, honk poo, honk poo!!" It's hysterical! :) Can't wait to see ya'll again soon! Both girlies are AdOrAbLe!!!!

Katharyn said...

Loved these pictures! What a wonderful post. I completely agree with Lora! You and Chris have some beautiful girls! Louis will be blessed to have Curran and Sinclair as best friends ;).

AB said...

Mary Louis, I haven't had a chance to check your blog in too long. As always it fills my heart to read about your grown-up life. You needn't fear who will remember the way you know Curran because she will always remember that and the way you love and appreciate your life with her. As for parenting advice, I would certainly trust you to follow your instincts. I think you've already proven your skills every day you've been a mother.
Kiss both those beautiful girls for me and pet your sweet sister.
Ann H.