Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

19 Months Old

February always throws me off a little bit since Curran doesn't technically have a monthly bday {should be on the 30th}, so I'll do her 19 month update today. This continues to be such a fun age {in my opinion}, but the tantrums that we experienced right after she turned one and then disappeared for a while have started to return. It is hard to know how best to respond to them, so I mostly just ignore them {if we are at home}.

Her vocabulary has exploded over the last month! There is no way to keep up with all that she can say; she says something new everyday and can repeat almost anything. Although most of the words are not enunciated correctly of course. I can understand most of what she says, but if you are not around her much, her words are probably incomprehensible at times. The most common phrase I hear lately is "help me" {sounds more like "hop"}. I meant to mention this in her 18 month post, but about 2 months ago she started nodding and saying "yeah." That has made such a difference in our ability to communicate! I am working on getting her to say "yes ma'am" but I know that's a little hard at this point. :)

She is still taking 2 naps per day, although there have been a few days in the last couple of weeks where she only took one {3 hour} nap and just played in her crib for about an hour during her other nap time.

She has not been eating well lately but I think that is because she has been sick over the last two weeks. I have always been grossed out by the thought of buying frozen, processed meats, but I was running out of ideas for dinner for her. So I found some chicken nuggets and fish sticks where I recognized all of the ingredients and the chicken is hormone/antibiotic free. Normally C has not eaten meat well {or really at all} but she has really liked these! She also tried ketchup and really likes it! John hates ketchup so it grosses him out when he fixes her plate, and then she likes to paint it all over her tray, so he is not too fond of cleaning up those messes! But I'm just glad she is branching out a little bit!

She loves doing anything outside {swinging, playing with the dogs, riding in her Cozy Coupe, and exploring all the toys in our neighbor's driveway} so I'm glad the weather is warming up. She LOVES playing with my make-up, soI'm going to have to move the drawer I keep it in because she can get into it and has figured out how to take the caps off and licks it or sticks her finger in there :) . She is also really into her Mickey and Minnie dolls lately, and whenever she is watching the show, she will name all the characters as they do roll call at the beginning. 

The most exciting thing that will be happening to C this month is that she will be getting her very first cousin! Months ago, she started kissing Chris' belly and saying "baby" to it, so now we are trying to get her used to calling the baby by name. I know she will love being a cousin, and I can't wait to see them together!! She loves her Sissy so much, so I'm a little worried about how C is going to react to not having her around as much. Every time she sees my phone she says "Sissy?" like she wants to call her. And the other night she was in such a mood, and the only thing that cheered her up was when her Sissy and Uncle Craig came over. She wanted nothing to do with John or me as long as they were around.

We start another WaterBabies class this month, so I'm excited to see how much has changed in a year. Hopefully she won't be too scared of going under the water.

Happy 19 months C-Bug! Even when I think it's not possible, I love you more and more every day! You're my little buddy, my sidekick, and I treasure the days I get to spend with you!

Her favorite thing to do with her dolls is to make them "sit!" She gets very upset if one does not obey!

This night she did NOT want to get out of the tub, long after the water drained. So I just threw her towel on her and let her keep playing.

This cracked me up-- I saw her grab her purse and hop on her ladybug like she had somewhere important to go!

Yesterday she pulled tons of napkins and place mats out of the drawer, but I didn't even care because it kept her entertained long enough for me to get some much needed cleaning done. And then she helped me clean them up. :)

One night last week we had "family movie night" and watched Toy Story 3 together while eating our dinner. It was fun, but C only paid attention for about 1/3 of it {expected} and then got wild, so she went to bed before it was over. But John and I enjoyed it!


I have a small collection of rubber bands from the funky hair do's her teachers at school give her, so I put her hair in pigtails one day. Pretty cute! :)


We had a picnic lunch on Sunday since the weather was so nice!

Then played with sidewalk chalk.

She loves walking around in my slippers!

Having a tea party with the dogs.

Testing out Cousin Sinclair's new jogging stroller with Uncle Craig. She approved!

We went to the zoo last Monday afternoon to enjoy the pretty weather. She was thrilled to be riding the train {although you can't tell in this pic :) }.

1 comment:

Lora G said...

I have been meaning to comment for a while. A lot of what C does reminds me of Z, especially the eating and the bath thing. Z eats frozen chicken nuggets and fish sticks, yuck! Never thought I'd be saying that especially this early. Things are much better with z and the doctor now, I think. I think they just get so many calls sometimes it's overwhelming, and mine wasn't an emergency by any means.