Look at that light hair!
And if you think this little butterbean hasn't given me major baby feva, you would be wrong. But when Curran threw a fit when she saw me holding Sinclair, it only confirmed why we are waiting.
I could sit and hold her all day long! Too bad I have a job that gets in the way.
Me, cry?
But I have been very lucky to have had a good amount of time off. It's a long story, but basically my work is going through some major changes, and I am currently the only nurse/nurse practitioner. Luckily, the NP I replaced when I started working there {she quit to stay home with her 3 kids} has been gracious enough to help us out on an as needed basis. When the other nurse quit two weeks ago, I was worried about how I would handle the patient load alone until someone else was hired, but more than that, I was VERY upset about possibly not being able to leave work when my niece was born since I would be the only one there to see patients. All I have to say is that the other NP is a saint!! She wrote me an email last week saying that she got childcare for this week so I could be at the hospital as much as possible. I literally started crying when I read it because I could not believe that someone would be so generous as to come into work at a job where she has no obligation, and work a very busy/stressful schedule on top of that, just so I could be with my sister. I cannot thank her enough!
I had planned on working yesterday for as long as I could, thinking the baby wouldn't be here before mid-morning. But Miss Sinclair had other plans and was ready to come into this world quickly! I got to work at 7:15, Chris called me around 7:30 to say she was going to be pushing soon, and then I left shortly thereafter when Craig texted me saying the doctor had been called! So I didn't work at all yesterday and went in for the afternoon today and will do the same tomorrow. I am SO thankful that I have been able to be with Chris {and my baby} this week!
Curran meeting Sinclair for the first time. C was shy at first, but once she spotted Sissy, she headed right towards her. And of course she loved the baby!
This was the first time John held a newborn that wasn't his own. I was glad he wanted to hold her! I can't wait to see their relationship develop!




3 comments:
I am tearing up in my office reading this! She is beautiful and I love the picture of Curran hugging her. I think I should stop wearing eyeliner and mascara for the rest of my pregnancy.
I LOVE this post! Congratulations on becoming an aunt! I know you and Sinclair will have such a special bond. Best wishes to your entire family!
I'm tearing up ML!! Just back from Taiwan today so just now getting to hear the official news (I had zero email access - bleh!) Sinclair is absolutely precious and I'm so thankful she is here safe and sound. Chris and Craig {and you, John, and C!} all look so happy! Makes me so sad I'm not closer! love y'all!! EM
ps - and yes it is 4am. I'm wide awake with jet lag! :(
Post a Comment