Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Flashback Friday and Other Tidbits

Curran- September 2, 2009

Sinclair- March 25, 2011
Wearing C's gown {same as in pic above}, in C's bouncy seat, and wrapped in C's blanket


And a followup to this post from last week, I laughed after I published it because I thought to myself, "If someone had said to me that life with a newborn is 'perfect' when Curran was first born, I would have wanted to punch them in the face." While that time period is certainly precious, magical, and full of wonderment, it's also full of anxiety, sleeplessness, physical pain, hormonal outbursts {that wasn't just me, was it?}, and stress. I can look back with so much nostalgia now that we aren't in the thick of it. But, if you currently have a newborn and you read that thinking that life doesn't seem so 'perfect' right now, what I meant to say was,

"Is there anything more perfect than a newborn who is not your own but you love like she's your own but you don't have to get up umpteen times a night or feel like you are nothing more than a food source or worry constantly about whether or not she is breathing or whether its normal for the umbilical cord to look that way or how exactly you are supposed to eat supper with a screaming baby in your arms?"

That's what I meant to say.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

A-M-E-N!!!! (times about a million!!) :)

Erin said...

Two things:
1) ha ha ha - I sort of wanted to punch you reading that ... glad you clarified. :) (J/K about the punching part, and NO you were not the only one having hormonal outbursts)

2) I love a baby in a Paty gown. That is all!

Lora G said...

Amen, sister! That one seriously has me still laughing!! It is wonderful though to experience it with your sis's child, then you can go home.

All of the corrected statement is true, oh and the hormonal outbursts, very true!