Last weekend, John, Craig, Christopher and I went to Charleston for a good friend's wedding. It was a LONG drive, and we didn't get in until late Friday night. I hated that we weren't able to go to the rehearsal dinner, but we just could not get out of town early enough.
We ate a very late dinner at Basil, a yummy Thai restaurant that Christopher picked out just for Craig and me since we could eat Thai about every other day. We hit the hay after that because it was really late.
On Saturday we enjoyed sleeping in until about 8:30 {that is considered sleeping late these days}, but we only had a little time to shop before we had to eat lunch {at 82 Queen} and then get ready for the wedding since it was at 3:00.
Saturday night we ate dinner with our friends, Roger and Nancy, who were also in town for the wedding, at a place called McCrady's. It was so warm and cozy, with several fireplaces lit, but the menu was small and the food was a little weird, I thought.
Sunday we ate a quick breakfast at Hominy Grill before heading back to Birmingham. The weather was cold and rainy most of the weekend, and we didn't have much time to really explore the city. Well, Chris and Craig have been there several times, but it was the first time John and I had been there.
The Quinns kept Curran for us, and I couldn't wait to get back and see her! I am always most excited to see what her reaction is going to be when she sees me. Like most babies I would imagine, she doesn't really miss me while I'm gone, but once she sees me, it's like she remembers that I have been gone and it upsets her. When I walked in Mr. Quinn was holding her, and she just kind of stared at me and kept looking back and forth between him and me {unlike when I pick her up at school and she squeals and runs toward me}. Then I took her and she just started smiling huge and hugging my neck. Then she got really hyper and was being so funny, but she didn't want me to put her down. I loved it. :)
She seemed so much older when we got back. She could say "Nana" and "Papa" and she was working on Uncle Robert {"Bob" or 'Bah" :) }. She could point out all kinds of different ornaments on the tree whenever Nana or Papa asked.
We came home to snow flurries and no hot water. Our hot water heated had busted {burst?} on Friday night, so the Quinns had been without hot water for the entire weekend. My brother-in-law, Robert, was the only one who managed to shower before it went out. They didn't tell us because they didn't want us to worry, so I felt SO bad. It just got repaired on Wednesday, so we camped out at Chez Hey {Christopher and Craig's house} for several nights.
Our friends Roger and Nancy. Roger, a faithful reader, told me I had to take some pictures for the blog. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment