Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Weekend

We spent Christmas with John's family in Memphis. We left after work on Thursday and got in late Thursday night. {And on our drive we got the super exciting news that my best friend Elizabeth delivered her healthy baby girl! We were beyond thrilled and thankful!!}

Friday we didn't do too much. Curran struggled with naps all day and we went to the 4:30 Christmas Eve service. C was in a bad mood because we had to wake her up from her nap, but she did the best she's ever done in church. 


C was obsessed with this light-up snowman thing that the Quinns had. It entertained her ALL weekend!

She also spent a lot of time in front of the dishwasher gazing at her reflection. :)

John and his older brother, Charlie

John's mom's side of the family came over for Christmas Eve dinner. C hadn't seen any of them since she was a few months old, but she warmed up pretty quickly to her second cousin. She spent a lot of time chasing him around the house.

And he shared his wrestling figures with her. :)

They gave her a keyboard/piano thing and she loved it!
Notice the hair. She was rocking out.

Charlie, his girlfriend Camille, and John's younger brother, Robert

C's gifts from Santa. The doll highchair, and the apron and oven mitt {to go with her kitchen} were from the Quinns. She had a lot more presents under the tree!

She was excited to see what Santa had brought her!

She loved her doll high chair, but I knew she would want to get in it as soon as she saw it.

yep.

I got her this little mouse push toy when we were in Charleston. {One of my friends had gotten a hippo one for someone for Christmas, and C found it when we were at her house and played with it all night. So I knew I had to get her one.}

I knew she would love her cleaning tools! She has been playing with them non-stop since we got home.




having some tea


Loving her toy cell phone. Hopefully it will take her interest away from mine. :)


I told them to act like they were having fun. :)


Her Uncle Charlie and Camille gave her this little tricycle-type thing, called an Okiedog. She loved it!


She played hard because everyone was cheering for her. :)

Playing with her play purse from Nana, complete with toy lipstick, credit card, compact, mirror, and cell phone.

John got me one of my most favorite gifts ever! He had my blog from C's birth to her first birthday printed off and bound in a hardback book! And he wrote the sweetest message on the back. I was so surprised and touched! He had two copies printed, one for me and one for Curran to have when she is older.

Christmas was so much fun this year, and I know it will only get more fun the older she gets and the more she can understand!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got back in town Sunday night we went over to Katharyn and John's house for supper. We also found out the very exciting news that they are expecting their first baby!!!
{C had on her jacket because we were about to leave.}

And I haven't mentioned it on the blog yet, but we recently found out that Sheela and Ryan are also expecting their first child!! So Sheela and Kat's due dates are only one week apart! It is crazy that 3 of the 4 people in that picture are pregnant {not counting Curran :) }, and that our other best friend Elizabeth just had her baby a few days ago! I have to admit that I am just a tad bit jealous that they are all getting to experience pregnancy and having newborns together when I felt like I went through it all by myself. But hopefully all those kiddos will look up to Curran like a big sister. We can't get over how blessed we all are!! What a wonderful Christmas!


2 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

what fun!! ... and i'm so happy for sheela and kat!! such wonderful news!

Suze said...

New follower here , LOVE your blog! Your little girl is just PRECIOUS! :)