Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

17 Months Old

Today Curran is 17 months old! It's hard to believe she has been around for nearly a year and a half! She is at such a good age right now-- she is still a baby, but we can also communicate pretty well, and that is such a blessing!

She has been just a ball of energy this past month {well, really from day one} and is so much fun! She constantly makes us laugh, and I just love her little personality. She still loves all of the things she has enjoyed for months {baths, books, music, dancing}, but she has a new-found interest in her baby dolls. She loved them from about 9-13 months, and then really wanted nothing to do with them. Now she carries one with her most places. She loves feeding the baby her bottle and patting her on the back. :) She gets really mad when she has to leave the baby in the car instead of taking her into school.

I can't remember if I have jotted this down yet, but she has all of her baby teeth, well except for her two year molars. I am about to call the dentist about getting a visit in, because although we {she} brush every day, I don't feel like it does much good since she pretty much throws a fit if I try to help her out.

This is gross, but I want to include it for my own sake since this is my baby book of sorts. I am trying to teach C about her bodily functions so when the time comes for potty training we will be a little ahead of the game. So for months now, if I noticed she was going number two, then I would ask her if she was doing so. Now when she uses the bathroom she grabs her diaper and says "poo poo." One time she did that, so I asked her if she needed a clean diaper and she stood up and ran right into her room to the changing table. Now, she doesn't normally do that... she HATES having her diaper changed. But she'll always tell me once she's gone. I know that is SUPER gross but I had to include it. :)

She is trying to say lots of words, but most of them aren't clear. She is at that age where we can ask her to say ___ but a lot of the time it sounds nothing like the original word. Her most frequents newer words right now are:
-bite- whenever she wants a bite of food or a sip of her drink. And she usually screams it.
-pick me- when she wants to be picked up or when she wants up on the bed, chair, etc.
-sit
-choo choo {for train}

-shoes
-juice {which sounds like shoes}

She has started pairing several words together in short phrases. Used most often: "no mo." She says it all the time! It cracks me up because a few months ago we were watching Mickey Mouse and I asked her to say "hot dog.". Those are both two of the words she has been saying the longest and can say them clearly individually. But when she tries to say them together they sound nothing like hot or dog. It cracks me up! It reminds me of that Friends episode where Phoebe is trying teach Joey French for a play he is in. She gets him to say "Je m'appelle, Joey." And he can say all the syllables perfectly when he separates them, but when he strings them together they come out sounding completely different. Anyway.

She's also working on lots of people's names. She can clearly say Mama, Dada, Nana, and Papa, and is working on Sissy {"shiiiisee"}, Uncle Craig {"keg" or "keh"}, and she attempts most of my friends' names when prompted. We were over at a friend's house about three weeks ago, and one of my friend's husbands, Scott, came in. C was immediately taken with him, despite not really knowing him. She kept taking her baby over to him, and when he left the room she called out "SCAH, SCAAAAHH" after him. It was so cute! She loves the fellas! :)

She has started several bad habits recently, the main on being that she thinks it is hilarious to hit me in the face. She swats at me and then laughs hysterically. At first it was really hard to tell her "no" with a straight face because it was pretty funny. But now it is just getting annoying. She doesn't seem to do it to anyone besides me, which is good. I've tried time outs- not working {I don't think she is old enough to get it quite yet}. I tell her no and put her down and ignore her- does no good. Obviously spanking wouldn't work...I don't think hitting her would be an effective way to teach her not to hit. If anyone has any good discipline advice, I sure would love it!

She can still be a picky eater, but she loves anything related to tomatoes- pasta with tomato sauce, spaghetti, lasagna, grape tomatoes, and she ate my whole cup of tomato basil soup yesterday.


Checking herself out in the mirror.

She loves her chair! I never have the TV on when she is awake except when she first wakes up in the morning,.I let her drink her milk in my bed while she watches Mickey. And she will usually watch Mickey again while I'm making supper. So that chair has been a good purchase!


This was the other night before supper...I was trying to get her food fixed and she wanted me to push her in her car, so I parked it in front of Mickey and she was a happy camper! :)



This was when we were home for Thanksgiving, but I just found it on my phone. My mom pulled out some of my old boots. Of course, they were too big for C and came up past her knee joint so she really couldn't walk, but that didn't stop her! C loves any boots! I was going to get her some for Christmas but forgot.


I have started getting those big grocery carts that face forward. They gross me out because they seem so germy, but C is much more content in them. Although I don't drive them to well. :)

Taking Baby for a lift.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

What a sweet little lady!! Did you get C's fuzzy coat from Once Upon A Time? I think P, H, and C all have the fuzzy coats from there. We should try to get their picture together in them next time we do a play date. :)

Mary Louis Quinn said...

I actually got it on sale last year at the Lily Pad! We do need a pic of all the kiddos in it! I hope we have another play date soon!

Life At 1604 said...

I'm SUCH a mom because I thought the poop story was cute, not gross. When I ask H if he has "poopers", he quickly shouts, "NO!" because he hates his diaper changed, too.

Lora G said...

Je Me Pelle, Claude
Jeta blee blue, hahaha, best ever!
Z does the SAME thing to me (and only me), the smacking my face thing. I have to cut his nails constantly to protect myself, but I say it's probably because I am always in his face. Oh well, hopefully this isn't the beginning of a violent streak for our babes! I can't believe how big she is, and what a sweetie too!