Today was so pretty, and I'm so glad the three of us were able to spend the afternoon together {I love the post-tax season :) }. We initially thought we would just walk around for a little bit and then leave, but I think we ended up seeing pretty much everything. It was my first time to go to the Birmingham Zoo. Well, actually, we had my sorority Spring Party there my freshman year, but I don't really remember much. And, no, not because I was inebriated, but because it was 10 years ago and we had it in some pavilion not anywhere near the actual zoo animals.
Here are some pictures from the day:
Don't they both looked thrilled to be going to the zoo???
That's more like it!
She likes to lounge.
We ran into my friend Samantha who was with her sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew, so she snapped a quick family pic for us.
My favorite animals were definitely the primates. I think both John and I could've watched those guys all day. I forget which type of monkey these were, but they were very entertaining. But they kind of reminded me of the monkeys from Jumanji and freaked me out just a little...
Especially when the zoo keeper let them go through a trap door and they ran through this tunnel above our heads.
This was about all we saw of the rhinos:
But finally one turned around so I could get a frontal pic.
Then we saw this handsome fella:
I have always been fascinated by how human-like gorillas are.
He seemed lonely, though, so it made me kinda sad.
Watching the sea lions chase each other. John liked them and said they reminded him of his fave movie Andre. :)
The flamingos got into a fight, and it was pretty entertaining. The one in the middle is air born, but it may be hard to tell in this picture.
We had a fun day and will definitely be going a lot this Spring and Summer! Although I think Curran had more fun people watching than looking at the animals. And I can't say I blame her; there were some interesting specimens there. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment