But this blog should be a way for me to document my day-to-day life, no matter how boring, so I want to try to do a better job at recording the little details since Curran is growing so fast. No one will appreciate these things, except maybe my sissy.
- C has been falling asleep on the way home from school a lot lately. I love it when the car is completely quiet, and all of a sudden I will hear that sweet little sound of her sucking on her pacifier. She just does it a few times and then is quiet again. It is so sweet-sounding and always makes me smile.
- Last night, Curran started "talking" to her toys in the bath. She has always kind of made noises, but last night she was holding her toy out in front of her and "talking" to it with inflections in her voice and everything. It sounded like a little conversation, and was just a subtle reminder that she is growing so fast. She also started saying na-na and da-da a lot more today.
- She is currently cutting 5 {4 top and 1 bottom} teetho. At the same time. So we have had a lot of this going on this week:
A lot a lot. Ok that was when she was only a couple of days old, but you get the idea. It seems that she is getting her 4 top middle teeth {I'm no dentist so that's about as technical as I can get}, but unfortunately her "fangs" seem to coming in more quickly. She is going to have a smile only a mother could love for a little while. My little jack o'lantern.



3 comments:
Yes, you know I appreciate every mundane detail!! :)
Hi Mary Louis,
I feel your pain, Sime has gotten 2 teeth in and he kind of acts like there are more coming. I don't know if you've tried the teething tablets. I haven't b/c they contain caffeine and chamomile and I don't quite understand the caffeine. Anyway I soaked some baby washclothes in chamomile tea and froze them and that has soothed Simeon better than any teething ring. If you're not into chamomile you could try some damp washclothes. He seems to enjoy holding it himself, whatever works:)
Eliz, someone told me about those teething tablets so I checked them a few weeks ago. But after I read that they weren't safe for pregnant or nursing mothers (??) I didn't feel right giving them to Curran. She used to love a cold washcloth but not as much lately. I will get some chamomile and see if that helps. Thanks for the tips!
Post a Comment