Here is a picture of her little crab leg.
She is also getting really good at pulling up. I was standing in her room folding laundry while she was playing on the floor, and she crawled over to me and used my pants' legs to pull herself up, and she reached her arms up towards me. It was so friggin cute that I thought my heart was going to explode.
We also use her baby doll as bait to get her to practice pulling up. She loves it and will do anything to get it.
Please disregard the rash she has all over her. Her skin is crazy sensitive and she will have an awful rash one minute and then it's gone the next.
An update from WaterBabies class: this morning we had to make them go all the way under the water for the first time. The teacher carefully explained how we were to do it, and she said that the Red Cross has strict guidelines about the process. And you can only "dunk" babies up to 3 times a day, and we used all our times during class. So there go our afternoon plans. J/k...Anyway, we were to sit them on the side of the pool, let them hold onto our thumbs, and then let them "drop" in the water and pull them right back up {we didn't let go of them, of course}. The teacher said you don't want to gradually let them go under because they need to feel the rush of water on their face and learn that that means they need to hold their breath {in case they ever fall in}. She said "Make sure you keep a smile on your face, even if you're screaming on the inside." I seriously had to hold back the tears at the thought of making C go under. I was so anxious about it. But she ended up doing great, and unlike most of the other babies, didn't even shed a tear. She may not be the best kicker in the class, but she sure is laid back in that water. Of course we forgot the camera today, so we don't have any pictures of the dunking. But it's probably just was well because I might have PTSD by looking at them.



3 comments:
Yay Curran! I meant to "swim" (walk on my knees) over to you at swim class yesterday and ask if she was crawling yet. What fun! I think I'm the only mom who is ready for her 8 month old to walk. H is so heavy, I can barely carry him anymore! Love your blog, by the way!
Mitchell has been crawling for about 2 months, and he STILL exclusively crab crawls. His poor little left leg is always so red from dragging all over the place by itself. But he doesn't seem to mind! I wish we could get them together this weekend before the beach.
Briana, I meant to tell you at swim class that on my way home from work on Thursday, I saw H and his daddy in the park watching the cars go by. H was bouncing up and down and was so cute!
Brooke, I wish we could get the babes together as well! What time are you getting into town on Thurs? If not this weekend, maybe on y'alls next trip to Bham!
Post a Comment