Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Happy Birthday to Moi (and my sister)
Is that how you spell moi? I never took French...just the extremely useful Latin. Anyway...today is my bday, and I was telling John over lunch how depressing it is that the older you get, the day no longer feels like your birthday. It just seems like any other day, which is just no fun at all. I can remember when I was younger that I would wake up on my birthday with that excited feeling in my stomach. I would feel so special and excited all day long. It just felt like the best day ever! But over the past couple of years, I keep having to remind myself that it's my birthday in the hopes of mustering up that extra special feeling from deep down. Unfortunately it hasn't worked yet. It seems like birthdays should still be just as fun as they always were, no matter how old you get. But I guess when you don't have homemade cupcakes for the class from Mom and a big birthday party on Saturday to look forward to, it just isn't the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Happy Birthday ML! Now you just get to make Curran's birthday extra special and forget about yours! I hope you know how to make cupcakes from scratch!!!
Happy Birthday ML and Christopher! I still love my birthday. Kurt complains that I have a birthday month rather than a birthday. :)
I totally whiffed on wishing y'all happy bday yesterday. Sorry...
Post a Comment