Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

First Day Back

Well I survived my first day back at work. Yesterday I was in so much denial and just could not believe that I would actually be setting my alarm this morning and putting on work clothes. I couldn't let myself really think about it. But I only had a few tears on the drive to work this morning, but otherwise I was ok. I got slightly overwhelmed because I have not driven during morning rush hour in so long that I forgot to go the way I normally do and got stuck in bad traffic. Then John called right then to check on me. You know how sometimes you can be fine and then the way someone asks you something it makes you burst into tears? Well as soon as he asked me how I was doing I started to cry. But once I got to work I was fine. And I was so busy all day that I didn't have much time to worry about what my mom and the baby were up to (I can't remember if I said in the last post and I'm too lazy to check, but Curran's school doesn't start until next week so my mom came to town to keep her this week. That definitely made going back much easier.) I did feel like an airhead several times today though. My brain feels like it's been on vacation for 12 weeks. And it took me three tries to log into my computer at work because I couldn't remember my password. I also couldn't remember the password to get into one of the programs I use. I also put my shoes on the wrong feet before I left my house. But besides that the day was pretty successful. :)

I did turn in my notice today, so I will be in the Hem/Onc clinic for 4 more weeks and will then be transferring to the Anticoagulation Clinic for a part time job! While I am sad to be leaving my patients and coworkers, I am SO thrilled to be going part time!! That has been what has getting me through these last few weeks in preparing to go back. I was nervous about talking to my bosses, but it went really well.

Mom called me at 5:06 to see where I was because the baby was having a meltdown. But I think overall they had a good day, and they were both alive when I got home.

4 comments:

The Apel Family said...

I am so glad it went well! I was thinking about you. I know it is so much harder on us to leave them than it is on them.

Emily Ferris said...

yay for part time!!

Jeanne & Martin said...

That cracks me up that you put your shoes on the wrong feet! Glad things are going well!

Lora G said...

I hope work is going well. I have actually enjoyed being out of the house for work, but I have only worked a handful of days. I think I am going to LOVE my Fridays even more, because I'll get to be with him. Kat and I talked about you and Curran on Friday. I think Zayd is having some colicky issues, but I look forward to it getting better. Kat said Curran is a chill baby. I think we should have a playdate sometime when they get a little older.