Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Time

We took Curran to the pumpkin patch yesterday to pick out some pumpkins. Well, we did the picking, she was just along for the ride. When we went two years ago, we took the dogs and let them run around because no one else was there, and we just had a fun time. This year there were about a gazillion people there, it was damp, and there were tons of bugs flying around the pumpkin patch. It made toting an infant while trying to choose pumpkins not very much fun. So I basically told John to grab the first two I saw and waited on everyone else to get theirs. And if anyone knows my sister, you know it was not a quick decision. After we had picked our pumpkins, we tied the dogs up (that sounds very country) and wandered around for a little while, ate some fried pies and cotton candy, and waited while Chris and Craig went to the petting zoo. We were making the most of this experience! :) When we got back to where the dogs were, I saw Cooper chowing down on the stem of Katharyn's pumpkin. Unfortunately the pretty stem was the whole reason she chose that particular pumpkin, so I will be trying to find a replacement for her. Other than the flies, we did have a good time. Though next year we decided that we will try out a different pumpkin patch.

My little jack-o-lantern



On the hay wagon


In the pumpkin patch trying to avoid all the bugs


Tuckered out from all the pickin'


Katharyn, me, Christopher

The mutts









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Curran had her 2 month drs appt today just a little off schedule (the dr was out of town and then we were). She had to get 1 oral vaccine and 4 IM vaccines. I was really worried about how she would react, but she handled it like a champ. She didn't cry until she got the second shot and quit crying as soon as the nurse gave the fourth one. I gave her Tylenol before-hand, and she hasn't been fussy yet, so hopefully we will escape that. Her stats were: weight 12 lbs 2 ozs and length 23 3/4 in long--both 90th percentile! Before her appt, my guess for her weight was 13 lbs because she feels so heavy these days, but apparently that would have been off the chart. :)

3 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

I seriously laughed out loud at the part about Christopher picking out the pumpkin!!! I can see it!! such a fun outing!! little pumpkin Curran is too cute!
Love y'all!
Emily

Lora G said...

Love her outfit! She is so adorable, especially those big pretty eyes!

Brooke Maedel said...

She's so cute. Love her little pumpkin outfit. And no, 13 would not be off the chart, becuase Mitchell was 14/4 and he was in the 95%!