Church has always been an important part of my life, and I can remember going to Sunday school with my dad's parents at the Presbyterian church when we were 2-3 yrs old. I pray every night that Curran will grow up having a close relationship with God, and that He will guide John and I to be the best parents and teachers we can be. I feel so blessed that Curran has so many people in her life who love her and can be such wonderful role models. My sister (and Curran's godmother) wrote her the sweetest card, and she gave me persmission to copy some of it on here:
"Dear Curran,
This is truly a day to rejoice. It is a day to celebrate your life and your parents' dedication to raise you in the Church. I am so honored to be your godmother. I love you more than you can imagine and look forward to watching you grow into the beautiful lady you will become. My hopes and prayers for you are that you will grow up knowing the love of God in your heart, and the love of your wonderful parents, your four sweet grandparents who adore you more than you could ever know, your four uncles, and of course the love of your aunt and godmother. I pray that you will share your love and blessings with others, especially those who may not feel as loved or blessed, and that you will always have faith and trust in God in all circumstances. You will never go wrong that way. I am incredibly thankful for your life. You have already brought so much joy to us, and our lives are truly blessed by you..."
I just thought it was so sweet and said everything I wanted to say.
Here are some pictures from the weekend:
Curran wore the gown that my Aunt Mary and grandmother made for me. It is so beautiful!
My mom's friends did the flowers on the Baptismal font.
The grandparents
I couldn't get any good pics of her in the dress afterwards because she was about to have a meltdown.



2 comments:
I have to say she was so beautiful in her dress and the Christening ceremony was absolutely beautiful! The day was perfect! You and your mother out did yourselves!
what a special day!!!
Post a Comment