so we were not even going to try to push the issue this year. We did ask her if she would sit in his lap if Mama and Daddy sat with her, but she refused, so we dropped it. But little sis ain't skeered!
We also went to Zoolight Safari with our neighbors just like we did last year. This year my sister + fam joined us. It was drizzly and the littles were fading fast, so we didn't last too long. Plus my mom and dad were getting into town so we wanted to meet them for dinner before it got too late.
Riding the train
the babies were troopers
if you look closely, you can see the fake snow
Christmas was so fun this year. I thought Curran loved it last year, but this year was even more exciting. She is still at that age where she doesn't really care about the toys, and therefore has no expectation of gifts, so there's no pressure. We really didn't talk about Santa a whole lot at home, but obviously kids pick up on things at school and other places, so when someone asked C what Santa was going to bring her, she said a baby doll. That was not on Santa's original list, but he did add it. I really don't think she would have cared if she didn't get one though, but that was what she said anytime someone asked her that question. Of course, after Christmas when someone asked what she got from Santa, she answered with "a magazine." She did get a subscription to Highlights magazine but she has not looked at it once, so I was little surprised to hear that that's what stood out to her. :)
Curran is already asking LOTS of tough questions about Santa. She got very technical and was extremely worried about how Santa would fit down a chimney that has a cap/hood/whatever-you-call-it on top, where he would land in our living room, how he would make it to everyone's house, would he see her sleeping, etc. I hate the thought of blatantly lying to her, so my answer was pretty much always "he's magic" {which is a lie, I know}. I do want her to believe in Santa because it's so much more fun, and as long as she knows why we're celebrating, I personally do NOT think it's a big deal, but it will be interesting to see how long she'll be content with our simple answers to her prodding.
Anyway, it was a wonderful season and I enjoyed making memories with my sweet girls!









No comments:
Post a Comment