Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Big 3-0!

Today is John's 30th birthday! I have been in my thirties for 2 years and 3 months longer than him, and that makes me feel O L D! So I'm glad he's catching up! :) He loves to tell people I am three years older than him even though there are just three months of the year that my age is 3 numbers higher than his. He's hilarious.

Anyway, in honor of his 30th birthday, I thought I would list 30 things that I love about him.

John,


  1. I love that you are the most selfless, generous, and loving husband.
  2. I love that you are such a fabulous daddy to your little girls.
  3. I love that you can handle their stockings, slips, and tiny buttons like they ain't no thang.
  4. I love that you are a loyal friend.
  5. I love that family means everything to you.
  6. I love that you grew up in such a loving home, and that you have such wonderful examples in your parents.
  7. I love that you always empty the trashcans and take out the garbage without me asking.
  8. I love that you don't get annoyed when I rearrange the dishwasher after you've loaded it.
  9. I love that although you are a die-hard sports fan, you aren't ridiculously die-hard about your teams winning.
  10. I love that you and your dad can have an hour long conversation about something you watched on ESPN {pro athletes' salaries} while I listen from another room, simultaneously annoyed and fascinated that you find that topic so riveting.
  11. I love that one night after work, you randomly brought me several boxes of my favorite candy.
  12. I love that you go get me donuts on Saturdays, even though they aren't your favorite.
  13. I love that you don't care that your kind acts are affecting my waistline.
  14. I love that you get up with the girls most weekends.
  15. I love that you are a hard worker and a dedicated employee.
  16. I love that you still love to watch all the 80s or early 90s movies you've seen 85,000 times, and no matter when they come on TV, you stop to watch them.
  17. I love that when I call and ask you to bring home take-out, you automatically say "no PF Changs" before I can even request it, but then you always relent and get it even though you don't want it.
  18. I love that you are Catholic and that our church life is important to you.
  19. I love how much you love Costco {ok, well maybe I don't love that one, but I think it's cute}.
  20. I love that you can pick out matching hair bows and bloomers with the best of 'em.
  21. I love that we have been friends for eleven and a half years, and that you asked me out to our first date at La Paz over ten years ago.
  22. I love that we have celebrated ten of your birthdays together, even if you may not exactly remember our conversation on that first birthday when I called you from halfway around the world at an odd hour of the night just to be able to talk to you on your actual birthday and your parting words were "THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT" as you made you way to slumber by the porcelain throne.
  23. I love that you will watch Giuliana and Bill and The Bachelor with me {most of the time}.
  24. I love that when my parents visit, you always stock the fridge with my dad's favorite beer and snacks.
  25. I love that you have almost as many nicknames for our girls as I do.
  26. I love that you understand that my twin relationship sometimes trumps our married relationship. {j/k.... kind of}. :)
  27. I love that when you have to work on the weekends, that you almost always offer to take C to the "golf station" with you to give me a break.
  28. I love that you don't talk bad about other people and that you are always quick to give someone the benefit of the doubt.
  29. I love that although we may not always see eye to eye, we know we are in this for the long haul.
  30. I love that God chose you as my husband and life partner.

Happy birthday, John! As an old teacher used to say on our birthdays, "For God so loved the world that on January 25, 1983, He gave us John Michael Quinn! Yay God!"


6 comments:

Christopher said...

That was the sweetest post and has me crying. You really are so blessed to have the sweetest husband, and Craig and I are so lucky to have the best brother in law. We love you, john! Thank you for all you do for us and for being the best uncle to our girls. We are so thankful for you!!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Oh man, and that was totally going to be one of my "I loves!" that he loves his nieces so much and that one of them actually favors him over me. :) Hate I forgot that one!!!

Emily Ferris said...

Sweet sweet sweet post, ML! Happy Birthday, John Quinn! :)

cindy mcgraw said...

happy day john quinn and mary louis, that's about the sweetest thing i've ever read...i was tearing up myself!

cindy mcgraw said...

mac is me...cindy mcgraw...i tried to change my profile to just be my name, but can't seem to get it to act right...

Matthew & Alexandra said...

And that teacher would be Cleta! Love the throw back!