John,
31. I love that you didn't hold it against me that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday before you left for work on Friday, because if the situation were reversed, I'm quite sure I would have made me you feel guilty about that one.
Also, John corrected me that we have actually celebrated 11 of his birthdays together, not 10. Whoops.
Anyway, besides the fact that I forgot to wish him a happy birthday, we had a good day and I hope it was a special day for him. I have been thinking about what I wanted to do for his 30th birthday since he was 28 {also known as the year I turned 30}. I really wanted to send him on a golf trip somewhere, but that ended up not really working out. So instead I got him some new irons. I knew that he would be excited about that, but I was nervous he wouldn't like what I picked out. And when I say what I picked out, I really mean what his old golf coach picked out. I had to enlist some help, because let's face it, I know as much about picking out golf clubs as he does about...hmmm...can't really think of a good analogy for that. But anyway, John really seemed to like them and already played a couple of times.
So when John got home from work that night, we gave him his present and his favorite dessert, a cookie cake.
Then we headed to dinner at his favorite restaurant, Fleming's. John knew that he and I were going to dinner, but what he didn't know was that I had invited a group of his friends to join us. I was SO worried about blowing the surprise and almost did on multiple occasions, but in the end he had NO idea. I was so excited!
We had such a fun night celebrating the big birthday!





No comments:
Post a Comment