Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 28, 2013

Introducing Eliza Becket Hey

Most of you know this by now, but I need to make it blog-official. My niece, Becket, was born last Tuesday, January 22! My sister checked into the hospital to be induced that Monday night. I really wanted to be able to be there for the birth, but I had to work on Tuesday and we had no idea how fast or slow she would progress. I demanded that she text me throughout the night, so I hardly slept. Then I was an absolute nervous wreck all morning at work. I mean, I don't think I have been that anxious in a long time. We were so busy, so I was trying to keep up with the patients as well as check my phone nonstop for updates. At one point, Chris was in so much pain and couldn't have her epidural yet, and Craig texted me saying she "wanted her sister", and we {Chris and I} were both in tears that I couldn't be there. But Miss Becket had a plan and it worked out that she was ready to be born right before my lunch break. :) So I was able to scoot out a few minutes early. John picked me up at work and we raced to the hospital. When I was standing on the curb waiting for John, Craig texted me saying "she's ready to push" and I texted back {in all seriousness} "SHE BETTER NOT START PUSHING!!! TELL HER TO WAIT 10 MIN". :) I should have remembered how long it takes them to get the room set up because once I got there we had to wait probably 30 more minutes before they would let her start pushing. So I got to be there when my second niece was born and it was definitely one of the most special moments of my life!

Unfortunately I had to go back to work before Sinclair got to meet her, so I missed that moment, but John and I went back up there after work with the girls. Curran was SO very excited when we had told her on Monday that Sissy would be having the baby. She was literally beside herself. I texted C's teacher the above picture for her to show Curran, and she said she was so happy and just smiled so big. :)






Curran got to hold Becket before I did, but then I got my turn!

We went up there during lunch on Wednesday and John got to hold her for the first time then. 

We are so excited that Becket is here and are very thankful for a healthy baby!! Can't wait to watch her grow!

{this was earlier today}

We love you, BeckyBoo!! {your mama says I can't call you that}


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! I love the pictures of her with Curran. What a sweet big cousin!

cindy mcgraw said...

umm i'm with christopher...no beckyboo for that child! thanks for all the pics. she's so pretty! SC will probably call her bucket but that's better than beckyboo! ;)

Emily Ferris said...

So sweet!!! It's amazing how grown up Curran looks holding her! Those pics are SO precious!