Sallie Cate had her 9 month check-up today. She weighs 17 lbs 2 oz {25th percentile} and is 27.25" long {50th percentile}. She has finally caught her to her big sister in size {not that that's saying much}. Curran was 3 ounces more but the same length and same percentiles.
The thing we mainly talked about at this appt were SC's ears. I was anxious to hear what they looked like after almost 30 consecutive days of antibiotics and then ear drops, but given the fact that she was still pulling on them a lot and seemed uncomfortable, I wasn't optimistic. And she does, in fact, still have lots of fluid in her ears. So we are seeing ENT on Friday and will most likely be getting tubes soon. I know I will be a mess the morning of the procedure, but right now I'm just glad that she is going to get some relief. The dr was saying she thinks she's probably feeling pretty miserable from all the fluid and that she also probably can't hear too well right now.
Poor thing was not in a good mood at her appt. The only time she seemed happy was when she was waving bye-bye to the doctor. :) As soon as the nurse tried to measure her, she freaked out and tried to cling to me the rest of the appt. It didn't help that I had to wake her up from her nap to go, but she's also just getting to that age where she is a little wary of strangers. Then after the trauma of getting weighed and measured, she had to get a finger prick. Sister was not happy about that. Afterwards, she kept trying to pull the bandaid off her finger with her teeth. It reminded me of the time after Curran's 9 mo check-up when she ate the bandaid on the drive home. So this time, I made a mental note to keep a closer eye on SC's injured appendage. Well after the appt, we went to the grocery store, so the by then I had totally forgotten about the bandaid. I put SC in the exersaucer while I was carrying groceries inside and during one trip from the car, I saw her clapping for herself while chewing on something. Upon closer inspection, I saw a flash of beige and did a quick finger sweep to get that nasty thing out. Nothing like snacking on a bloody bandage! She was clapping and was so proud of herself for finally getting that thing off her finger!
And because posts are boring without {blurry} pictures:
Monday, January 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment