Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fourth of July

We headed to the beach for the 4th. I took off from work so we were able to stay for a week. It was wonderful! Actually, John and Craig had to go back to work on Tuesday and my parents also ended up leaving that same day because they had to go home for a funeral, so Christopher, my brother Walter, the girls, and I stayed for two more days by ourselves. After all our "help" left, it wasn't quite the relaxing beach trip I had envisioned, but it was still fun.

Curran reading to Sinclair :)

Filling up the baby pool with Big

I thought this picture was cute because you can barely see it, but Sinclair is holding C's hand. :)

C had a blast running through the hose. One guess as to who was behind this game.

And Sinclair had so much fun watching her! I couldn't catch a pic of her smiling, but she was highly entertained.


running to hug Uncle Craig



beach babes

Craig sailed in the Grayton Beach to Seagrove Regatta again this year. John was very thankful that Craig's brother, Brian, was in town to sail with him so John didn't have to. :) And they came in 2nd place this year! Much improved from last year. {Their boat is the one on the left in the pic above. The course went right in front of our house again this year.}



Christopher put C's hair in her first ponytail! She loved it and constantly wanted Sissy to fix her hair.


Po' thang- It looks an awful lot like her Mama's :) --



chowing down on some corn


and chowing down on a rib. It was the first time she ever had one and she devoured it.



Sunday night my parents babysat so we could go to this new restaurant, V, in Seagrove. The ambiance was really cool, but the food was only ok, I thought. But it was really nice to get out sans kiddos.


This chickadee LOVED the 4th of July parade on Monday morning! You can't ever tell because whenever she enjoys something she keeps a super serious expression on her face, but trust me, she was diggin it.







I mentioned this last year, but my dad made this Candy Judge sign probably at least 20 years ago. It's funny to hear the reactions to it- most kids in the parade think it's for real and throw us a ton of candy. Most of the adults laugh and say how funny it is. Of course we give away most of the candy to other kids across the street from us.

C wore my brother's head phones at the beginning to protect her little ears from the sirens.


My friend Elizabeth sent this hilarious hat to C {and one to Sinclair}. 

We couldn't get a good pic of the girls in their precious matching outfits from Prim's sweat shop.

We did keep a few of suckers from the parade to treat/bribe C with.



C bug was just thrilled about me taking her picture. And in case your wondering what was on her wrist, we walked down to Seaside and there was a lady making balloon animals for the kids. C got a ladybug {can't ya tell?} and they tied it on her wrist.

We were all outside and were very surprised to see an air show! These 3 WWII planes flew over and around our house- it was so neat!



Curran loved it and kept demanding "mo aih-panes!" after they left.

family pic

We kept C up that night so she could see the fireworks. I just knew she was going to love them! However, she was pretty terrified and insisted on my mom taking her inside. But then after they were over and all the next day, she kept saying "fireworks pitty {pretty}!" and wanted to see them again. :)


You know I love a good "cousin comparison." :) This isn't the best picture of either girl, but they're the only ones I have of them in these pj's at the beach.


C always likes to lie down next to Sinclair.


she feels sassy with her pigtails  :)


Wednesday night my brother and I took C down to hear a band in Seaside. Again with the serious face, but she was in heaven. She got up to dance and run around right after I took this pic.


We went down to Rosemary Beach for lunch one day, and then C got a treat afterwards- her first milkshake! I figured it would be a lot less messy than ice cream.

Of course she found a toy to ride while we were there and did not want to get off.

We left the beach on Thursday to head to Jackson for my cousin's engagement party. It took us over 8 hours to get to Jackson. Chris and I weren't really on speaking terms when we got there. My brother was lucky enough to have head phones to drown out the noise and bickering for most of the trip. I think it will be a long time before we decide to take another road trip with the two kids in one car.  :)

4 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

LOVE the pics! what a great trip!! although i'm laughing at you and CSL not being on speaking terms! :)

Christopher said...

Craig says we need to do a "who wore it best" with the girls and their outfits. :)

John looks exactly like charlie in yall's family picture.

cindy mcgraw said...

great pics! so great to see y'all last weekend at sinclair's sip & see!

Lora G said...

That is at least 2 matching outfits they now have! We have to do something about that ;)
The 50 mm lens is so amazing, I can't say enough about it. I almost like my pics on auto with that lens than my manual ones.
I laughed out loud about the mcnuggets. Oh, the things we are doing that we never thought we would do!