As is most common with kids this age, her language/communication skills are changing by leaps and bounds from month to month. Some of her favorite things to say are:
* "yummy tummy!"- as in yummy in my tummy. Although she does say it when she's eating something she likes, most often she says it {with a hint of obvious disobedience on her face} when she's "eating" something she's not supposed to be, like a stick, her shoe, a crayon etc.
* "Come on, mama {or whoever else may be around}! Mama, come on!"- said most often when she gets really excited about going somewhere.
* When we are reading at night, she is now very into handing me one book while she has another and says, "You read dat one, I read dis one." It's pretty annoying because when I'm halfway done reading mine to her she wants to switch, and she does it over and over.
* "thank you much"- leaving out the 'very'
* "Sit here ___ {Mama, Sissy, cup, Belle, or anyone else she may be trying to boss around} Sit down right here!"- Christopher and I always laugh because we're usually like "Ok" and do whatever she says. We are always amazed that we let a toddler boss us around so much. :)
* "I sorry dahlin"- when I change her diaper, because she still says "I sorry" whenever I change her, and I called her darling ONE time. She remembered.
* "no way" has replaced "no ma'am." I can't stand it and think it sounds so rude, but I'm having a hard time getting her to go back to no ma'am. I have no idea where she got "no way" from. I don't say it.
* She has started calling me mommy as opposed to Mama, and I don't really like it. I mean, she sounds super cute saying Mommy, but I prefer Mama, and her saying Mommy makes her sound too grown up to me. Silly, I know.
She has gotten to where she is really good about giving kisses. She has always given kisses whenever we ask since she was a little thing, but she has never spontaneously given us kisses until now. And they are they big smoochy ones that make lots of noise. :) One day she was sitting in my lap as I was reading to her, and I guess she was just really happy because she just randomly turned around and planted a big one on my lips and then turned right back to the book. It makes me so happy that she is now able to show us other signs of her affection for us! :)
She still loves music, and for that reason she loves church. She gets very upset whenever the music stops in church, or if we are ever in church at a time when music is never playing {Sinclair's baptism, orientation for her new school year that was held in the church sanctuary}. She always says, "Church. No music!" and shakes her head in the most pitiful way. :)
Speaking of music, she is now singing along to lots of her favorite songs. It is so cute to hear! Some of the ones she knows the best are: Twinkle, Twinkle, Rockabye Baby, Jesus Loves Me, and the alphabet song, although she knows the words to tons of songs. She is also starting to identify a couple of letters of the alphabet by sight.
We always say prayers together every night, and it's always funny to hear who she remembers to pray for. I used to just list our family members, friends, and her teachers for her, but now she is old enough to remember most of their names herself. When we rock at night and I start singing her songs, she always requests "cheese samich!" For a long time I thought she was just hungry, but it would happen even on nights when she had eaten a ton for dinner. Then it finally dawned on me- I think she thinks "Jesus" in Jesus Loves Me sounds like cheese sandwich! :) That is unless someone knows of a song out there about a cheese sandwich. When I tell her it's time for bed, she always says, "Daddy, hug?" trying to stall for time. So she runs off to find her daddy, but not before she turns around and points to me saying, "I be wight back. Mama stay here."
She is still very into all things princess, especially Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She slammed her finger in the drawer pretty badly a few weeks ago, so I put a bandaid on her finger. They are the Disney Princess bandaids which we have had for probably a year, bought long before her princess obsession began. But now she is obsessed with them and frequently requests one. Once she has it on, she repeatedly requests kisses on her boo-boo, and likes to point out that "I gotta ban-aid on my finguh!"
caressing Belle
This is super gross but I am documenting it because I know I won't remember it in a few months, and well, I think it's hilarious. She does not like anything in between her toes. Sock fuzz, dirt, etc. She spreads her little toes apart and cleans in between each one. I know that is super weird, but I just had to write it down because it makes me laugh every time she does it. :)
This summer we have started going to story time at the library on Monday mornings, and she absolutely loves it! Normally I can't get her out of the house when I need to run errands, but when I tell her it's time to go to the library she runs to the front door to wait on me. I love seeing her sit so calmly and listening intently to the stories. They also sing songs, make a craft and have a snack. Then I let her look at books afterwards, and she never wants to leave.
Excited about story time!
She ran up to the front to listen to the story,
Dancing with scarves
We have also been spending a lot of time at the pool this summer. We are lucky to have several good friends who belong there as well, so we almost always have fun people to hang out with there. Swimming is another activity she could so all day if we let her.
Being silly with a box while wearing her shoes on the wrong feet.
Her favorite riding companions.
She loves pushing Sinclair in the stroller.
Catching lightning bugs for the first time.
I found this Disney Princess book that her Nana and Pop gave her two Christmases ago that I had totally forgotten about. She entertains herself for the longest time by looking at the pictures. She likes to climb up in this chair and "read." It also accompanies us in the car, in the stroller, or anywhere else I need to keep her occupied.
I CANNOT believe that in ONE month I will have a two year old!! CA-RAZY!!
Happy 23 months Curry! We love you!
















4 comments:
She's talking SO much!! Oh my gosh! I love that picture of her with baby Sinclair's stroller!
She is such a little angel bug!! I know- I freak myself out every now and then thinking, Oh my gosh! He's going to go to college in 16 years!! I can't imagine (in a bad way) how fast the time is going to fly!!! :/ I kind of would like to push a pause button...
I love the picture of her with the upside-down sunglasses...precious!
aw mary louis! love your blog! curran is really growing up! you are such a fabulous mom too! love your stories! can't wait to see y'all next weekend at miss sinclair's debut!
Post a Comment