I can hardly believe two years {tomorrow} have passed since I first laid eyes on you! While it seems impossible that two years could have come and gone so quickly, I also feel like I've known you forever, so two years seems like an insignificant amount of time. I can still remember many things about that day so clearly. I hope I never forget the indescribable moment of seeing you be born, of hearing that {not so little} first cry, and gazing at you, trying to figure out who in the world this precious little person was. The past two years have been amazing. We've had our share of difficult moments full of frustration and tears, moments when I thought I was going to go crazy, moments when I felt like I was the worst mother in the world. But we have had so many, many more wonderful moments. I truly cherish every day I get to spend with you. I try very hard not to take one second for granted. I know how precious life is and that we are not ever guaranteed to be here tomorrow. Most nights I tiptoe into your room to check on you, and as I watch your chest rise and fall, I always have an overwhelming feeling of love come over me that gives me butterflies in my stomach. I cannot believe how I blessed I am that God chose me to be your mother! I know I don't always do things right; a lot of days I feel like I fail as a parent. But every night I pray to be the best mother I can possibly be to you, and I ask God to help me when I'm feeling weak. As you'll learn one day, parenting is incredibly hard, humbling, and exhausting work, but the rewards are priceless. I have never felt a love so powerful and all-encompassing. I cherish these days when you love me so unconditionally, seeming that I can do no wrong. Even when I discipline you and you start crying, I can reach my arms out and you come immediately for a hug and kiss. I am not looking forward to the days in the not so distant future when you will have times when you don't like me very much. :) My hope for you is that you never ever have to question my love for you. I pray that you will never doubt how very much I love you, and that you will always feel surrounded, protected, secure and confident in that love. Curran, you are our precious gift from God, and our lives would not be complete without you.
Love,
Mama
July 30, 2009


2 months old


3 months old
4 months old
6 months old
7 months old
starting to crawl
8 months old
10 months old
11 months old
12 months old
Happy 1st birthday!
It's hard to believe it's been a year since this day!











No comments:
Post a Comment