Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Nachmans Come to Alabama

As I mentioned in my last post, our best friend Elizabeth and her daughter Leray came to visit us in Birmingham last weekend as part of her whirlwind tour of the South. Since they now live in Arizona, she doesn't get home too often so she has to cram a lot of visits to family and friends into a very short amount of time, and we greatly appreciated her making the effort to come see us! And it was everyone else's first time to meet Leray {I went to see her back in February, although she has changed a great deal since then so I couldn't wait to get my hands on her!}.


While I was at work on Thursday, Sinclair and Leray were able to meet each other for the first time. Here are a few pics:


Feeling each other out


Then after work, I took C over to Sheela's house where everyone had gathered. Apparently the three moms were embracing their inner hippie and had a communal nursing session that my husband accidentally walked in on. {I had told him that everyone was over there and to stop by on his way home from work. Whoops.} Ryan took some cute pics {not of the nursing sesh but of the kids once C and I got there}, but I don't have those yet. The only ones I have are these from my cell. We were trying to get all the girls to pose together, and you can see how that went.


This picture cracks me up- Eva is screaming, Sinclair is thinking "someone get me out of here!", and Leray is about to nosedive off the couch

Thursday night we just hung out at our house and the girls got to play. Curran and Leray loved each other! Leray would just smile and reach out to grab C, and C would just hug and kiss all over her.



On Friday, all the girls went out to the Lowry's so Liz and Leray could meet Louis. They had just gotten home from the hospital and we just barged on in! It was so nice to get to have a visit and play with all the kiddos.



Friday afternoon, Elizabeth's husband Brandon got into town, so he and Sinclair enjoyed getting to meet one another!


We just sat outside on the porch and enjoyed the unseasonably nice weather. 

Mamas and their girls

Daddies and the girls

Friday night we had everyone over to our house for supper. It was a big day for Miss Eva as she went to two social events for the first time and handled like a champ {and so did her mama}!  {I don't have any pics from the evening}

C getting all up in L's face, per usual


I put Leray in C's bed when we went to get her up from her nap, and they had fun playing for a while.


On Saturday we took some pics in their adorable matching flamingo outfits, courtesy of Prim


Couldn't you just nibble on those cute baby rolls?! :)


holding hand with her girls



The Nachmans had to leave town after lunch to go meet Liz's brother, sister-in-law and niece. We were all so sad they were gone and C kept talking about "my RayRay" for the rest of the afternoon. :) We love them dearly and wish they lived closer but are very thankful for these fun weekends!

4 comments:

Christopher said...

For the record, I was NOT partaking in the nursing sesh and was the one who had to block john's entrance. Thank you very much. :)

Unknown said...

These pictures are priceless! I love all their facial expressions, especially the ones of Leray and Sinclair.

Julie said...

This is the sweetest (and funniest) post!!! That last picture is sooo sweet and special. And the matching outfits make it even more perfect!! Love love love

Morgan Robinson said...

Looks like C and Leray were chatting it up in some of the photos...so cute!! Love the one of all 3 of you with babies on the swing!