Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

We had a low key Father's Day this year as we recovered from the busyness of the day before. It was nice that we got to spend Father's Day with my dad since my parents were in town for the baptism. We went to church that morning and then went to brunch at The Veranda. We enjoyed getting to spend time together before my parents had to head back home.

My dad with his girls {in their super cute matching outfits made by Aunt Mary, I might add. She spoils us!! :) }


My mom and dad

Curran signing and saying "more" to the jazz band when they quit playing :)








I feel so blessed to have the dad I do. He would do anything in the world for us, and he has always done everything in his power to support us in our dreams and ambitions. I love that he thinks everything Curran {and now Sinclair} does is the cutest, most intelligent thing, and he loves seeing her perform all her "tricks." I love seeing their budding relationship. I love that he loves my group of friends and always tells me how great they are, and I'm pretty sure they love him, too. :) I love that I've never had to question how much he loves me.

And I am very blessed to have a wonderful father-in-law as well. He has always included me like I was a member of the family, even when John and I were just dating. And he loves loves LOVES spending time with his only granddaughter! He is a father of all boys so it is super cute seeing him with a little girl. His favorite thing to do is to watch cartoons and snuggle with her when she first wakes up in the morning. He looks forward to it at EVERY visit! :)

And I could never say enough good things about John as a father. From day one he has been so present in Curran's life, doing anything and everything I ask of him. He is so proud of Curran's every accomplishment, whether it be big or small, and never gets tired of getting her to repeat whatever the newest, cutest thing is. {And although he may never tire of it, I think it gets old real fast when he keeps asking her to repeat things! :) } She has always been a big mama's girl, but lately she is much more aware of where Daddy is and gets very worried when he leaves and does this really weird laugh/chuckle sound whenever he walks into the room. I am so grateful that Curran has such a loving, affectionate and generous father. I pray that they always have a very special relationship!

1 comment:

Katharyn said...

Love these pictures! The girls look adorable! Aunt Mary is so talented! We do love your dad!:)