Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cousin Comparison

Comparing beach pics:


And as a side note, the other day Curran was sitting in my lap facing me. I can't remember exactly what we were doing {reading or bedtime routine}, but we were in her rocking chair. She had her Belle doll {I guess I am a glutton for punishment and felt the need to indulge her Beauty and the Beast obsession a little more}, and all of a sudden she put Belle's head up to my chest and said, "Eat!" and made little slurping noises. I guess she has seen her Sissy feeding Sinclair a time or two. :) Hilarious!


And another side note: we have successfully dropped the paci! Well, there was no other result to be had besides a "successful" one, because we threw the things away, so there was no giving in. But nonetheless- they are GONE! We told C that we were giving them to the baby since she is a big girl now, so I took them in the car with us to work/school last Thursday. On the way home I let C have them one last time and was pumping her up about giving them away to the baby. She was full of yeah's and ok's the whole way there, but as soon as we pulled up in front of Chris' house Curran started saying "no no no!" We got out of the car and Chris and Sinclair met us outside. C had a hard time handing them over and kept trying to get a few last good pulls. :) I have to admit that I got very emotional and started crying. I was embarrassed, but I couldn't help it. It just made me sad that my baby was growing up. :( That night I conveniently had dinner plans with the girls, but John didn't seem fazed about handling it by himself. He said she cried for about 20 minutes and then went to sleep. However she did wake up twice during the night and was up the next morning at 6:15. Then nap time was rough and she cried for another 20 min or so. But after Friday she has done great! She mentioned her pacis a few times over the weekend, but each time I reminded her about where they went and she seemed ok. She has not mentioned them in several days and seems to be doing fine. It is taking her a little longer to get to sleep, but other than that she has done great!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your baby girls are beautiful, what a great family getaway. It's great Curran is picking up on the way to feed a baby. I heard that 95% of what we learn is modeling and behavior, rather than being verbally instructed. A little scary...

Lora G said...

How sweet that they can share clothes! I think what C did is both funny and awesome! My niece was always fascinated by seeing me bf too. I am soooo impressed about the paci, what a big girl!!

Lora G said...

Oh, and I love the new pics in your header!

Christopher said...

Now why would you be embarrassed that you cried?! I was the only one there and I cried too...and she's not even my (biological) child!

Sarah Denley said...

Those two girls are so beautiful! So sweet!