This past weekend we went to Memphis to spend time with John's family. The Quinns had been dying to take Curran to the zoo, so off we went Saturday morning. I had never been to the Memphis Zoo before but knew it was supposed to be great, and it did not disappoint! It is a very beautiful zoo, and a sign said it is ranked #1 in the country. But lawdy, it was HOT! We probably didn't even see half of what was there, so we'll go back another time when it cools down some.
C was excited to be at the zoo with Nana and Pop!
Checking out some animals with Uncle Robert and Pop.
one of C's favorite animals
The house where the pandas live
I was disappointed because I was really looking forward to seeing them.
One monkey just cleaning the other's teeth
The polar bears were so fun to watch, and the best part- the exhibit was air-conditioned! I could have stayed in there all day. :)
Waving to the polar bears
Checking out the sea lions
I looked like a drowned rat.
C fell asleep as soon as we got in the car!
Then that night {after a four hour nap}, we went over to John's aunt and uncle's house to swim. Of course C had a blast, and she loved seeing the only other girl in the entire Quinn family- John's cousin Chloie.
On Sunday we ate lunch at Central BBQ before getting on the road to come home.
It was a quick trip, but we had a great time and look forward to our next visit!











1 comment:
The caption on that first picture could be "walking in Memphis." Haha. I like the family picture, C is totally posing! Yeah, true on the snack thing, and I have found if I bring a sippy cup with water that usually helps, because he gets thirsty after school.
Post a Comment