Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

22 Months Old

Yesterday Curran turned 22 months old! It wasn't that long ago that I was talking about my "fun and easy" child. Well, that child is gone and in her place is a tantrum-throwing, shrieking, no-saying little girl. My patience has been tested more in this month than in the entire past year. We still have lots of fun moments, but the tantrums- OH MY WORD. She will throw herself on the floor when her sippy cup is empty, before she even gives me a chance to offer her more. If I try to help her do ANYTHING, she screams bloody murder. She has also had more time outs this month than she has had in her whole life. The problem is that when she does something bad and I ask her if she wants to go to time out, she always answers with "yeah." Soooo, I may need to find another form of punishment.






But- for as temperamental as she can be, she is also very sweet and affectionate most of the time. She gives the absolute best hugs, and those pretty much make up for all the rough times. When we are playing on the floor and she comes up behind me and leans on my back, wrapping her arms around my neck, my heart just melts.






She is speaking so well these days. Of course John and I understand far more of what she says than anyone else does, but she can pretty much communicate anything. And she is saying lots of complete sentences. When she's playing by herself and speaking gibberish, it's always fun to hear what real words sneak in there. She almost always says a-b-c-d-e, baby, and the names of her relatives. She also frequently says, "Where'd it/he/she go? I don't see it," with her little hands upturned, and then "dere it is!" Most of the time when I ask her a question, the answer is frequently "Curran did," even if that response doesn't correctly answer the question. She says "no ma'am" all the time. And while I have worked with her on saying yes ma'am and no ma'am, I think she picked up on it from me saying no ma'am to her whenever she is doing something she's not supposed to be doing. So her "no ma'ams" come most often when I'm doing something she hates: cleaning her face, telling her I need to change her diaper, etc.




She has started singing to herself a lot, especially when we are in the car. Her favorite thing to listen to right now is her VeggieTales CD. You know you listen to kiddie music too much when you get to work, having already dropped your child off at school, and you are still listening to said music while also signing along, not even realizing it.




We are really working on drinking from a regular cup as opposed to a sippy cup, because in her new class at school, they don't use sippy cups. She can drink out of a regular cup just fine, but I have a hard time letting her do it often at home because it usually ends in a mess at some point.

She had her first PB&J this month. I was planning on waiting until she was 2 to let her eat peanut butter, but I figured 21-22 months was close enough. She didn't love it, but she ate some of it.


She loves wearing other people's shoes.
She and Sinclair love each other so much! Sinclair just smiles and coos anytime she sees Curran, and she will look around trying to find her in the room. And Curran loves trying to make her laugh!

This was Curran's last day as a Bunny {at school}. She now in the Moo-Moos class. Her teachers sent her home with a big bag of all her things, and in there were several pacifiers from when she was in the infant class. I didn't even no she had any at school. Of course when she spotted them she quickly grabbed one out of the bag. I had a hard time getting her to take it out for a picture.

The date is set- Wednesday will be her last night with a pacifier! The reason I picked that day is because Thursday is the end of my work week, so I will have four days with no work the next day in case she stays up at night fussing. I have to admit I am nervous and dreading it! And it also makes me a little sad as the paci is one of the last things remaining from her babyhood.


Happy 22 months to my little live wire, and Happy 65th Birthday to my Daddy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So precious. She is getting so big! She better start liking pb&j sandwiches. I have a feeling she will be seeing more of them down the road in the Quinn house!