Since then she has started speaking in more phrases and short sentences. Commonly heard are "read da book!" {well, she's actually been saying that one for about 4 months}, "don't cwy bay-bieee, don't cwy!" {to Sinclair, and now, to herself whenever she starts whining. it's hilarious.}, and "thank you ya wehcome" in one breath. She said "thank you, Mama" for the first time yesterday, as opposed to just "thank you." I loved it!
She repeats everything we say and surprises me with what she knows on a daily basis. Last night as I was fixing her supper, she pulled all my cookbooks onto the floor and I heard her saying 'a- b- c- d- e-' to herself as she was "reading" them, so I asked her if she could say the alphabet. I would start saying a few letters and then pause, and she would say the next one or two. Then I asked her to count. She said one and two but then stopped. I asked her what came after two, and she said three. I had to prompt her again and asked what came after three, and we did that all the way to ten! I started laughing when she got to seven because I had no idea she knew any numbers past three, let alone knew how to count to ten!
This past month, we took her to Chick Fil A for the first time.
She loved watching the big kids in the play area.
Yesterday we took C to Pepper Place, our local seasonal farmer's market. She had fun just riding around in the stroller and seeing all the dogs that were there, and John and I just enjoyed getting out in the pretty weather.
She was saying that it was too "bight" outside.
We've had some more sprinkler time.
She has been attached to this little bunny that her friend Webb gave her for Easter. I tried to tell her that rabbits don't like water but she didn't listen. Now he is looking a little rough.
I love how she puts her little things on the back of her car.
She is so girly in the sense that she loves her dolls, her tea set, playing with beads and makeup, and carrying bags or purses around. But she also loves trains, "big trucks", and the "soccuh ball."
We were playing on the playground and she had to walk under these bars each time she went back to the slide. At one point we looked over and she had pulled herself up and was just hanging there! I thought it was pretty funny!
She is still a great sleeper, sleeping 11-12 hours at night and taking two naps a day except on days like yesterday when she took one 4 hour nap! The way to her heart is food. She loves her books, Mickey Mouse, and to throw herself on the floor when she doesn't get what she wants. She is head over heels in love with her pacis, which she has always only gotten when she sleeps but would keep all day long if I let her, and she constantly tries to reach through the slats in her crib to get them when she's in her room playing. But my goal is that by the time I write her 23 month update, they will be a thing of the past {my first goal was 18 months so we'll see if I stick to this one :) }.
It's hard to believe that I only have 3 more of these little monthly updates before I start doing them a lot less frequently. I decided I would only do them monthly until she is two, because although I think she changes and "grows up" on a daily basis, it's a lot harder to write about because I'm sure that every update has started sounding the same to everyone else.
Happy 21 months, my little CurryBug!













3 comments:
As always I love this post and wish I could get it together enough to start blogging again! Mitchell loves so many of the same things as C, which makes me really want to get a play date together (for real) next time we're in town. "Thank you ya welcome" cracks me up.
21 months old - wow - she's getting so big! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of her hanging from the bar looking at you ... it's a framer, for sure!
B- I miss you blogging! We definitely need to get the kids together to play! Easter weekend was so busy; I hate that we didn't get to see y'all!
Em- I hope y'all managed to make it through the storms ok!
Post a Comment