And I am so thankful for my own mother, for everything she has done for me for the last 30.5 years. From the small things, like making sure my house looks cute, to watering my plants when she comes in town because she knows I never do, to always being able to count on her to eat sweets with me. To all the major things that I really can't even begin to enumerate. I know she would do anything in the world for her children and grandchilden, and it is a thankless job most of the time. As my best friend Elizabeth said, being a mother now ourselves makes us look back and kind of feel bad about all the years we didn't do much for our own mothers. :) I hope my mom always knows how very much I love and appreciate her!
I know this is a sad day for a lot of people. People like Elizabeth, who has had six lonely Mother's Days without her mother here on this Earth. Or for people who are longing to be called Mama. Or for mothers whose children are in heaven. My heart was heavy for them on Sunday, and every day really.
~~~~~~~~~
My in-laws came into town on Thursday night. Since it was Cinco de Mayo, we walked up to our neighborhood Mexican restaurant to eat dinner. It was kind of chilly, but we enjoyed dinner and C had fun listening to the live music. Some lady came up to her and gave her a maraca.
She was a little shy at first but then she figured out how to shake that thang!
We just hung out at our house most of Sunday, and then after church John, Curran and I went out to eat supper. I wanted to go to a Japanese steakhouse because John never wants to go, and since it was Mother's Day he couldn't argue with me about it. Plus I figured C would really like it. Well she didn't feel well and we had to wait a long time, so she was so sleepy the whole time. Normally when she is tired she gets cranky, but Sunday night she was just so darn sweet, and I enjoyed our snuggle time. She did not like the chef or his tricks, and basically clung to me the whole time. She also refused to eat anything. I felt so bad for her, but I did enjoy all the cuddling. This is the only picture we took on Sunday and it's blurry. Oh well.
~~~~~~~~~~
It was an iron-pumping-
airplane flying-
birthday celebrating-
bike riding-
grape eating-
"big chuck {truck}" watching -
{they were cutting down trees next door}
Nana celebrating-
flower smelling-
-kind of weekend.






No comments:
Post a Comment