Two weeks ago I had my last beginner sewing class. I completed everything on C's jumper except for sewing on the buttons, so I finished those up on our drive to the beach. Our teacher had told us a button gauge was optional {for you non-seamstresses that is something that keeps you from sewing the buttons on too tight}, and I opted out of buying it. I wish I had had one though, because the buttons are sewn on so tight that I can hardly unbutton them! And since it's reversible, there are two more sets of buttons underneath which make it even harder! Imagine trying to button it onto a squirming child...not easy. :) So I need to take them off and redo them, but other that that I was pretty pleased with how it turned out {for being my first project anyway}.
Here is C wearing it on the opposite side. I couldn't really get her to stand still long enough to get a good picture.
Tonight I am starting the intermediate class and am super nervous about it. I definitely don't feel ready. It doesn't make me feel any better that one of my friends who is taking it with me {who I consider to be a wonderful seamstress} is slightly nervous about it too.
The friend I'm talking about made this precious jumper for C a few weeks ago just 'cause. It is so cute and makes my attempt at a jumper embarrassing!
And the cute trim along the bottom just makes the dress!
4 comments:
GREAT job! SOOOO cute. I just wished I had the time to sew. Even though I've been home all summer with H, he keeps me so busy that I can't get anything done.
ML - I am SO IMPRESSED!!! so so cute!! i want to learn to sew - such a lost art!
You did a great job, but I certainly understand where you're coming from. I sewed a pair of seer sucker shorts for Perry today that would have taken my Mom or Grandmommy twenty minutes. It took me about 2 hours and I kept yelling, "Mom! I got the fabric stuck in the machine again!" LOL- I'm definitely a better monogrammer! :)
Thanks gals! I am definitely not at the point of being able to do anything at home on my own, but hopefully I'll get there. The intermediate class last night was SO frustrating and I had the worst headache when I left. I hope it gets easier!
Post a Comment