Now that I have gotten Curran's birthday invitations in the mail, I wanted to post them on here. I have been thinking about C's birthday for a long time, and I started searching for invitations several months ago. I had an idea in mind but couldn't find anything in stores or on the internet. So I contacted Erin Haines with Be True Designs, who one of my friends had used for bachelorette party invites, to see if she could help me out.
Curran's party doesn't have a theme, per se, but I do have a color scheme {light pink, dark pink, and turquoise}, and I also wanted to incorporate polka dots. I told this to Erin and she emailed me three designs to choose from. I loved all three ideas and had a hard time picking one, so I asked her to combine some of the elements that I loved best, and this is what we came up with:
{The top card is the invitation and the back side is the turquoise with white polka dots.}
It was exactly what I had in mind! The circle labels on the bottom right will go on the favors, and the card on the bottom left is for thank you notes. I hadn't originally planned on ordering those, but I was sitting at work one day and had the idea for her to make some thank you cards that coordinated with the invitations {The polka dots are on the back of the flat card}. I'm excited about them!
Erin does custom work, and her prices are very good! When I asked if she could send me a copy of the invitation for me to put on the blog, she emailed me the above picture of all three things I ordered and kindly took my address off of the invitation!
We probably had 100 emails back and forth between us, and she was always quick to reply with whatever I needed. I thoroughly enjoyed working with her and would highly recommend her to anyone!!
Now if I can just get the party planned...
:)




6 comments:
Those are beautiful! I can't wait to see what Miss C will be wearing to the big event ;)
They are very cute, ML. I just finally ordered Mitchell's party invites (scheduled for the following weekend) yesterday. I am so behind. I don't know that we will do an official party in Bham; I just cannot get it together and none of my family will be around on the same weekend which is most of the reason I was doing it. I'll let you know if we plan something impromptu though. Can't wait for Miss C's shindig.
I loved the invites and Paul and I can't wait to be a part of the big day (this is my RSVP)
How funny- Harrison's invites are brown with turquoise dots! And his other coordinating items or a mixture of both colors with dots. I love polka dots! FYI, Smith's Variety has really cute clear balloons with dots on them. I saw one with blue dots but I'm sure they may have some with pink dots, too!
cute cute cute!!! i cannot believe C is almost 1 year old!
Those are so cute! Need to remember this for my boys!!!
Post a Comment