CQ, me, Katharyn, Sheela, Elizabeth {who has a bun in the oven and we are SO excited!!}, & Christopher
It was so fun just to be able to relax and eat lots of junk food! I love my "gulls" and am so very grateful to have such wonderful friends. My MIL always tells me how lucky I am because these girls {and their husbands} are really more like family than friends, and that is so true! It was nice to have so many extra hands to help take care of Curran. They love her so much and she loves them, too! I have a cute video of C dancing with Sheela, but I will be nice and not post it on here. :)
Happy to be at the beach!
She enjoyed petting those dogs and wanted them to come back.
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures the rest of the weekend.
Christopher slept in the room with CQ and me, and I was worried that she would be annoyed to be woken up early. Curran usually wakes up around 6 or 6:30, and I feed her and put her back to bed. She then wakes up again around 8 or 8:30, and usually John takes her so I can sleep for another 30 minutes. So I was not looking forward to being on my own at the beach. But every time C woke up, Chris would just get her out of the pack 'n play and take her out of the room. I didn't ask her to do that, and she never said anything about it...she just did it. And she sat beside her in the back seat on the drive down and back, entertaining her, feeding her, and trying to keep her happy the whole way. She is always willing to step up to help me out without being asked, and C is lucky to have such a loving aunt. I am SO very thankful for her! I don't know what in the world we would do without her!
Curran started getting sick when we were at the beach, and by the time we got home Sunday she really didn't feel well. Right before her bath I could tell she had a fever, so I checked it axillary and it was 101.1. I went ahead and gave her some ibuprofen, but I knew that temp wasn't right because she was squirming the whole time so I couldn't get a good reading, and she felt way hotter than that. She also had chills when she was getting out of the bath, and she never seems to get cold in there. So I sent John to get an auditory thermometer, and when I checked it with that it was 102.9 {that was about 30 minutes after the ibuprofen}. I was scared because her temp has never been that high, and she was SO hot to the touch. I called the on call nurse to make sure there wasn't anything I needed to do/watch. I took her in to the doctor yesterday and she said she has a bad head cold and bilateral ear infections. Third time in 7 weeks, if you're keeping count. So she is on a new antibiotic and hopefully on the mend. She hasn't had fever since Sunday night, but she has not been sleeping well and still appears to feel pretty rough.
Then yesterday afternoon I took her outside to blow bubbles and locked ourselves out of the house. Luckily I had my cell phone and her sippy cup. I called John but he had a meeting and couldn't leave work, so my sister said she would come over when she left work. So we were outside for about an hour. We played in the hose in the front yard {looking like rednecks with C running around in her diaper} and swung {why does that conjugation never sound right??}. I'm sure our neighbors thought we were crazy. My sister's keys don't work in our lock anymore, so she took us over to her house. Thank goodness I had put C's infant car seat in Chris' car last week when I put her big girl car seat in my car. So we played at Aunt Chrissy's until John got home at 6:20. Again, another reason why I am so thankful for my sister. She played with CQ while I ransacked their cabinets and fridge for food and played on my phone. :) I'm glad Chris could come get us, because I might have stripped down to my skivvies to play in the hose along with CQ because it was SO hot outside. :)






2 comments:
Thanks for the shout out Lou! I love my little C and don't know what I'd do without yall either! :)
Oh my gosh! Locking myself out of the house with H is one of my biggest fears! Well, just know that if you ever need anything, we are a stroller-walk away (but perhaps you keep your stroller in the house, making my offer being pointless:).
Post a Comment