I have so many things I have intended to blog about, but this Fall has just been so busy, and I just haven't had time to do anything "extra" like blog as much as I would have liked. So this will kind of be a catch up post.
Curran took her very first school field trip at the beginning of October. Her class went to the Pumpkin Patch. I was so bummed that I couldn't go, but one of my good friends went and was sweet to send me pictures, and the CDC director sent me some, too.
Curran and her best friend, Lillian
pickin' punkins
C with some of her classmates
Curran had SO much fun, and everyone was telling me how funny she was going down a big inflatable slide they had. Normally she is very timid with those types of things, but they said she just climbed right up the tall stairs and had a ball sliding down. My friend took a really funny video on her phone. I wish I had it to share.
This is at the bottom of the slide
The weekend before Halloween, we had Fall Festival at school. It's the PTA's biggest fundraiser, and since I'm PTA president this year, I was in charge. It was exhausting, but thankfully it went well, and I had a lot of help. I wasn't able to get many pictures because I was working the front door all evening, but here is one I took on my phone.
And I took these from Prim's blog.
Curran doing the cake walk with Marc and Nora
SC hanging out with Katharyn
John snapped this one at the end of the night. Bad picture but proves I was there. And excuse the fact that Miss C was way overdo for a hair cut.
The day after Fall Festival was mine and Christopher's birthday. Katharyn had us over for a very fun dinner!
We had a fun time celebrating Halloween this year. It was Halloween one year ago that we found out we were having a girl! I was sick as a dog with the stomach bug, but there was no way I was canceling that ultrasound! I didn't get to have the gender reveal party I had planned on, but it was such a special day nonetheless. I was so excited that Curran was going to be getting a little sister, and I will always have fond memories from that day.
Anyway, back to Halloween this year. The girls had parties at school that afternoon, but I only got this one picture.
That evening we went to a neighborhood cookout and then trick-or-treated around our house with some friends. C had so much fun until she had a minor injury at the end of the night that shut the evening down quickly. But luckily we were already on our way back home. C is still at the age where after Halloween night, the candy disappears and she does not remember it, meaning her mama can eat it all! :)
My little lamb and cowgirl
We came up with the idea for a cowgirl a few months ago when C spotted that pink hat in a store. {SC's costume was easy- it was Sinclair's last year.} We already had jeans and boots, so voila: easy costume. However, after I bought the hat, every week C came up with a new idea for a costume. A princess {"no- you dress up as a princess every day"}, a rock {That one made me laugh. I asked her how she planned to dress up as a rock and she replied, "I don't know. I don't have a costume," and asked me on multiple occasions if I was going to "come watch me be a rock".}, and a "scary witch" {I was not about to buy another costume}. I was trying to bribe her up until Halloween night to be a cowgirl. Luckily I ended up convincing her to do it without having to pay her off. :)
And I thought she made a purdy lil cowgirl. {That was my little brother's vest back in the day. And I wore it in the 2nd grade, I believe, when I dressed up as a cowboy. Note: not a cowgirl.}
Tried to get a group pic of the bigger kids, but the flash was a tad blinding- Sinclair, Eva, Curran, Lillian. Sinclair and Eva were both wearing C's old costumes. :)
I love this one of Lillian showing off her candy. :)
We had a few bambinos in tow who were perfect angels.
Win
Nora
Sallie Cate
best buds
We tried to get a cute picture of them but that proved impossible.
This past Sunday we took C to Disney on Ice. We took her last year and we had so much fun and couldn't wait to do it again this year. We left poor SC home with a babysitter. C was so excited and asked about every 5 seconds on the drive there "Is that Disney on Ice?" while pointing to every building we passed.
This is what she looked like the entire time. Don't let that face fool ya. She was having a blast; she just keeps that serious look on her face even when she is beside herself with excitement. :) After every scene/dance/whatever you call it, she would clap so hard and sometimes wave the characters off the ice.
Curran and Harper. They went together last year, too.
Can't wait to go back next year and take Sinclair and maybe Sallie Cate!
























1 comment:
I mean, how cute is a little girl in a sweet dress and bow?! I hear toothpaste works to keep bows on. I've even seen it work on my friend's baby. I love her blue eyes by the way, do you think they'll stay blue? The twins and my sis-in-law are still in Michigan, planning to move down this month. My bro had to find a house and finalize things down here before they all came, and Jude had to come with him so he could start school and not have to transfer. It's been interesting to say the least ;)
Post a Comment