So back to the first game- Curran was the last one to get put in to play. I have to say that the inner Soccer Mom in me did not like seeing my kid picked last, but let's be honest here: when the coach asked her to go in, she told him she was too busy eating her snack. So he knows who he's working with. {She eventually did play a little and even took the ball from the other team! Huge for her.} On the way home from a game one night, I asked her if she had fun, and she said "YEAH!" But then she said kinda sadly, "But no one will give me the ball." I told her that she had to take the ball. She replied that she didn't want to do that. She may not be the most talented, but at least she's sweet! :) And ok, I have to remind myself that she's THREE and has no idea what she's doing. I
Here are some pics from the season that uploaded out of order.
team huddle
cutest cheerleader
excitement on the sidelines
Curran's favorite part
Sinclair loved to say "Goooo Cur Cur!"
Marc had to wrangle S a few times and keep her from running onto the fields.
This basically gives you an idea of what the games looked like. Some random boy on the other team jumping up and down while C rolled around in the grass.
This was the last game and it was FREEZING! I was so glad the season was over. It was hard rushing to get there after work and having SC out past her bedtime.
But she got a medal! {I was a little bummed they didn't get trophies but she probably likes the medal more than she would a trophy. :) } I'm not sure if/when she'll play again. I'm totally leaving it up to her at this point now that she knows what it's about.
Besides soccer, she does dance {ballet and tap} every Tuesday at school. A local dance company comes in and teaches the kids every week, and they have a big recital at the end of the school year.
Here she was trying on her outfit for the first time. She went through a phase where she wanted to wear it every day. She seems to really like dance, and I get the biggest kick when she shows me her moves. :) Can't wait for the recital!
Some other random things:
It took her 3 weeks but she finally asked about Ellie. We were driving to school one morning and she asked when we were getting Ellie from the vet. I then had to tell her that Ellie was in heaven. She asked some hard questions, and we were both in tears when we pulled into her school. She kept saying things like, "Awww, poor Ellie. Who's going to be my dog now? Awww, she was a good dog. Who's going to go to heaven to get her for us? Ellie was my favorite dog." She brought it up a few more times, usually on the way to school.
Ellie's death has brought up lots of conversations about heaven and death. It's hard to explain the concept of heaven to a 3 yr old, and I can tell it freaks her out a little. She asked if I would go to heaven with her when she goes. She is has been very into reading her Jesus Storybook Bible lately, and she asks a lot about where God and Jesus are.
She is really into Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music lately. She knows almost all the songs, and it's fun for her to like movies I enjoy watching, too. :)
She is big into name calling and potty humor these days. Those are the things we correct most often, it seems like. Her zingers usually include some sort of 'baby dodo' or 'poopy'. It's super annoying. She can be so sassy and bossy one minute and then so sweet the next. She was helping me bathe Sallie Cate last night, and she patted me on the back and out of no where said, "You're a good mama." It made me tear up a little as this was at the end of a challenging day filled with lots of discipline. Then while I was cooking supper she came in the kitchen and said, "You know I love you, right Mama? You and me and daddy and Sallie Cate- we're all best friends." Melt my heart! Wish I could freeze those sweet moments {and fast forward through the grumpy times :) }.

















3 comments:
I mean ... could those pics of her in her soccer uniform (and dance leotard!) be any cuter!! Love her!
Loved this update! I love my Curry Bug and so blessed to get to see her so often! She always makes my day with her sweet smile and big hugs!! I haven't commented in awhile but know that I appreciate your dedication to the blog. As we approach Thanksgiving, it is indeed something I am grateful for! Love y'all!
I enjoyed reading your update too! The soccer sounds just like zayd! I couldn't believe how competitive I was feeling and he had NO clue what he was there for (until the last couple games, but still), and I was proud when we could make it through a game with no meltdowns! It seemed like there was a lot of that going on! They are just precious and c is a sweetie!!
Post a Comment