My sweet Cakers is 7 months old today! She is still a little peanut, so it's hard for me to believe she is now closer to being a one year old than she is to being a newborn!
This has been a pretty good month milestone-wise. The biggest thing is that she is sleeping through the night!!! Do you hear that noise? It's me singing the Hallelujah chorus! At her 6 month check-up, she got two shots so our doctor recommended letting her get through that and then try sleep training that weekend. Of course that night she slept through the night on her own. But then the next few nights she was back to waking up. So that weekend we did some light sleep training. I say "light" because it didn't take much and was super easy! It was so quick and painless, thank goodness. When she woke up, John would go in there and sooth her and put in her paci. The first night she was up and on for a little while but he only went in there twice. The 2nd and 3rd nights, he only had to go in one to replace the paci, and she went right back to sleep. On the 4th night she sleep through the night, and we haven't looked back! It has been wonderful! She is sleeping 12 hours most nights, typically going to sleep around 6:30pm.
She is still napping 3 times a day. This is what we frequently see when we go in there to get her up.
It freaked John out the first time he saw it, and he thought we needed to lower the crib. But she's just on her tummy pushing up on her arms. No where near being able to get herself in a sitting position or pull up. She hears her bedroom door open and just pops her little head up and is usually smiling so big.
At school she is now getting 7 oz bottles every 4 hours. Her teacher was the one who requested we try this. Apparently she was having a really hard time with her bottles, so the teacher thought we needed to space out her feedings and give her more in each bottle. And she has done great with it! I still usually feed her every 3 hours at home, but lately she has been stretching it to 4 hours a fair amount of the time due to staying up longer in between naps.
She has also tried to a few foods this month. I started with carrots. She didn't love them, but I think that was my fault for not making them thin enough. Then I tried yellow squash which she seems to like pretty well. Next up: apples. I used Honeycrisp apples and I think they were a tad tart for her. And they were a little chunky. I think I'm going to get some from the store and see if she likes those better. She had sweet potatoes once this week and tolerated them pretty well. She still LOVES her rice cereal and gobbles it up quicker than I can feed it to her. I randomly gave her a Mum Mum today and she loved it! C and I were eating a snack, and SC was literally diving out of my arms to get a bite of something. I remembered that I had some Mum Mums in the cabinet and gave her one, and that thing was gone within seconds.
She has done a lot better with sitting up, although I still can't leave her unattended while sitting. C was so stable by this point, but as my sister says, I don't give SC much time to practice since I hardly put her down. :) I remember reading Curran's 7 month update a while back, and I said how she was pulling up to stand in the bathtub. I remember thinking that there was NO way SC would be doing anything like that by 7 months. Well, I was wrong. She has pulled herself up twice while in the infant tub. I tried letting just sit up in the tub and have a big girl bath with Curran, but she freaked out so we put her back in the infant tub.
She has started getting up on all fours {in the crawling position} and can scoot herself forward on her belly. She's not about to win a race or anything, but she can move herself around.
I don't typically post videos but this one shows her newest "trick." It cracks me up. She learned to shake her head back and forth several weeks ago, and she has a knack for doing it when she is asked a yes or no questions. Her teachers get tickled because they say she does it all the time at school.
Please excuse my annoying voice.
And here is another video of something else she does quite often.
I had loved the past 7 months with my sweet girl, and as sad as I get about her getting big too fast, she really is coming into such a fun age. I try hard not to be that annoying mom that you want to slap, but I seriously cannot get enough of this precious baby. I could eat her for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I think her daddy and big sister could too. She has enriched our lives so much, and we are all just crazy in love with her.
Happy 7 months, precious girl!







2 comments:
What a cute little turkey! She is just too sweet.
She's a cute little turkey thanks to you, P! :) C knew that you made that outfit when she saw me put it on SC. :)
Post a Comment