She continues to be a happy and easy-going baby the majority of the time. She has transitioned to day care seamlessly, and I am so glad. Since she rarely cries at home, it would absolutely break my heart to hear that she fussed a lot at school, but thankfully she has done extremely well.
At school they have her on a 3 hr eating schedule, so I'm going to try to work on that at home. She still eats-plays-sleeps, so she's not really on a set nap schedule yet. She usually sleeps 30-45 min in her bed and then wakes up. I either have to rock her back to sleep or put her in the swing to get her to go back to sleep. She usually sleeps a total of 1.5-2 hrs at naps. The other day I had to wake her up after over 3 hours because it had been almost 4.5 hrs since she had eaten last. I'm glad she'll sleep in the swing, but I do wish she would take longer naps in her bed. She naps in her Woombie and goes to sleep at night in a miracle blanket. At first she hated both, but now she is used to them. For naps I have to wait to put her in the Woombie until she is asleep, and with the miracle blanket I put her in when she is extremely drowsy. Sometimes I have to get her back out of bed to rock her to sleep, but she usually can fall asleep on her own at bedtime. The miracle blanket didn't help her sleep through the night like I hoped it would, but it does keep me from having to go in there multiple times a night to re-swaddle her. She does get her left arm out of it by 5 or 6am though.
We have started to put her to bed earlier, usually at 7:00pm. She has done well with that and still wakes up for one feeding anywhere from 1:30-3:30. One night she made it until 4:15. I am ready for her to sleep through the night but am not ready to let her cry it out yet. And she genuinely seems hungry at that night time feeding. She eats really well- it's not like she just falls right back to sleep as soon as I start feeding her.
She loves to "talk" and does so all day long. She talks to her blankets that have little animals on them as well as the little hangy toys on her activity mat. It's pretty cute.
There are her faces when she "talks" :
She has started batting at toys, and I have given her some rattles to play with a few times, and she seems to like them.
She loves to chew on her hands or pull her outfit up to her mouth and chew on it. If I have her up on my shoulder, she gnaws on it. She's also been drooling a ton lately. Curran starting teething around 3 months {and got her first 2 teeth at 4 months}, but for some reason SC seems too young for all that!
I published this but totally forgot to add a major milestone- SC laughed for the first time this month! We had taken dinner to our friends Chad and Fleming, and SC was getting fussy in the car on the way home. So I climbed in the back seat and was just talking to her and tickling her mouth with her paci and she started laughing! It was so cute! It was more of a chuckle and definitely not the belly laugh we got from her sister, but it was exciting nonetheless. She also laughed again at Uncle Craig a few nights ago. I had to go back and add this in so I wouldn't forget it. :)
And you know Big Sis had to get in on the pictures. {'scuse the fact that she looks a little rough}
This was C saying, "Don't pull your dress up. Here lemme fix your pwetty dress."
Happy 3 months, Cakers! We love you so very much and can't get enough of your sweetness!!







1 comment:
3 months have gone by SO FAST! sweet cakers! :) hope the beach was a blast - can't wait for that post!
Post a Comment