This past weekend we went to Memphis for two parties celebrating my brother-in-law Charlie and his fiancee, Camille. They are getting married in September, and we can't wait! Camille has been like a member of the family for a long time, so this will just make it official. :)
We had a party Friday night that the kids were invited to. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera. But we had a lot of fun. We got to meet Camille's siblings, nieces, nephews, grandparents, and some other family members {we had already met her parents and an aunt and uncle at John's cousin's wedding in November}. She has the greatest family- they are SO sweet and so much fun and make you feel like they have known you forever.
It was a late night, but SC did so well. I hardly saw her- she was being passed around all night. She slept from 9:30pm-5am that night- that's the closest she has come to sleeping through the night {she normally goes to bed at 7 and sleeps til 2, so I guess it's the same difference, really}. Wish I had gone to bed earlier than midnight. :)
Here are some pics from the rest of the weekend.
Early morning cuddles on Saturday. Curran loves her Aunt Camille {or sometimes "Uncle Mille" :) }
On Saturday, Mrs. Quinn and Camille took C swimming with the other nieces and nephews at Camille's great aunt's house.
Camille was worn out after entertaining her littlest nieces in the pool. Her youngest niece is 2 months older than C and they'll be flower girls together.
Saturday night we had another party, but it was just grown-ups, so my Aunt Mary babysat. It was the first time I left both girls with someone, so I was a little nervous, but there is hardly anyone I trust more than Aunt Mary.
Camille with her older brother and sister
us with Mrs. Quinn
Charlie and Camille
my little brother-in-law, Robert, with his gf Kelly
It was such a fun weekend and I'm so glad we were able to go. But I had a little too much fun on Saturday. I am way to old for that, I've sadly realized. Especially when I have an infant to get up with in the middle of the night. Not a good plan when you are awake when your baby wakes up to feed, and instead of going to bed when she goes back down, you stay up another 1.5 hrs visiting. Not smart.
The road trip there was great- SC slept the whole entire way and we didn't have to stop. But we made up for it on the way home. I think we stopped 4-5 times, including a potty break where every filthy surface was touched by toddler hands that quickly made their way to her face and one stop in the middle of nowhere to change a dirty diaper than turned out to be a gigantic blow out requiring us to remove the padded inserts from the car seat. As much as I love to travel, I'm glad we are staying home for the next couple of months!
The road trip there was great- SC slept the whole entire way and we didn't have to stop. But we made up for it on the way home. I think we stopped 4-5 times, including a potty break where every filthy surface was touched by toddler hands that quickly made their way to her face and one stop in the middle of nowhere to change a dirty diaper than turned out to be a gigantic blow out requiring us to remove the padded inserts from the car seat. As much as I love to travel, I'm glad we are staying home for the next couple of months!




2 comments:
That is too funny! I have no idea why Tuesday is the go to!
I'm telling you, I read stuff about C and she reminds me so much of him too!
I bet she will LOVE soccer and any other sport if she's like you!! I don't think he's going to make the cutoff date, but I am going to check. He's obsessed!
You look SO great ML! I'm glad you had a great time, though I'm sorry about your homeward-bound-incident. Yikes! :/
Post a Comment