Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

To My First Born





My sweet Curran,

It's hard to believe that more than two and a half years have passed since I first held you and gazed into your dark eyes. These years seem to have passed in the blink of an eye! And now we are about to bring your baby sister into the world. My sister is the biggest blessing to me, and I pray that you and your little sister will be the best of friends just like Sissy and I are! I feel like we are giving you one of the greatest gifts there is- a sibling, but more specifically, a lifelong best friend. I know there will be bumps along the road- times where you fight and don't like each other very much, but I pray those times will be few and far between, and that you will always have a special and enduring love for one another.

I know that during these next few weeks and months, there will be some hard times. Times when you may feel jealous or left out. And I pray that during those times we are able to show you love and make you feel so secure. No one could ever take your place. You are my first baby- the person responsible for making my heart burst wide open at the seams. I live for the moments when you run up to me, squeeze my legs tightly, and say, "I love you, too, Mama." Or like the other day in the car where you just randomly said, "You my BEST friend, Mama." I know you won't always feel that way, but I am treasuring these years when you do.





I have to admit that within the last few days I have gotten a little sad when I think about our little family of three changing. For this has been the only life you have known. But then I remind myself of all the things you'll be gaining, and I know we'll be all right. It's hard to imagine that in the next 24 hours or so we'll become a family of FOUR! I feel so blessed!


Always remember how much your Mama and Daddy love and treasure you!



3 comments:

Christopher said...

I can only imagine the emotions you are going through, but you are right, you are giving sweet Curran the BEST gift. She is going to be the best big sister!! I cannot wait to see them meet tomorrow!

Sheetal said...

I totally agree with Chris!! I cannot wait to meet SC and see my family of 4! Love y'all!

Emily Ferris said...

ML, you made me cry! Can't wait to meet SC & the Quinn family of 4!