Easter was different this year for a couple of reasons. First and most obvious, we have a brand new addition to the family, making this Easter extra special. But that also meant that certain traditions got skipped this year- no picture with the Easter bunny, we didn't dye and hide eggs at our house {although my mom dyed them for C at my sister's house}, and the Easter bunny didn't come until C had already been up for several hours on Sunday and I had to distract her so I could run put her basket out.
The second big reason Easter was different was because John was not with us this year. I crowned myself Wife of the Year because I let him go to the Masters. With a 5 day old baby. On Easter. And as my dad says, he will probably be making it up to me for the rest of the year. :) My BIL got tickets for Saturday and Sunday, but John didn't even ask me if he could go because he knew the answer would be no. But he did kind of keep bringing it up "jokingly" all week before SC was born. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized Sunday at the Masters really was a rare chance of a lifetime for him, and John is such a huge golf fan that I knew it was killing him to have to turn down those tickets. Craig had already invited another one of our friends to go on Saturday, but the Sunday tickets were still up for grabs. So I told John he could go. He and his little brother left Saturday afternoon and came back late Sunday night. And it really was fine until I had my first emotional breakdown fueled by out-of-whack hormones on Saturday night and sat in my bed sobbing while trying to feed a frustrated baby after putting a frustrated toddler to bed for the 5th time. And I wasn't even by myself- my mom and my sister were over here. But I was missing John and wondering why in the world I let him go. But he had a great time and we had a nice Easter despite the fact that we all missed him being home.
The loot from the Easter Bunny.
Of course she went right for the candy. :)
Playing with her princess Silly Bands.
My sister hosted Easter lunch at her house, so we headed over there around noon.
C enjoyed drawing with her egg sidewalk chalk from Sissy and Uncle Craig.
I didn't realize what a cow I looked like until I saw this picture. Oh well. And this is the best shot of me and C. :( And I know I look tired. Can't be covered up with makeup at this point in life.
Cute cupcakes my friend's mom made us. C wanted to eat the eggs off all of them, and she pretty much did. :)
My sister's pretty table.
Hiding in the couch pillows- C's fave activity.
I tried to get a picture of SC in this little bunny outfit I got from Remember Nguyen for $8 {!}, but she wasn't feeling it {and you can't even see the bunny}.
After lunch we hunted for eggs. C LOVED it and had so much fun that we did it about 4 times! I might have bribed her to take a nap by telling her that the Easter bunny would come back while she was sleeping to hide the eggs again. We are not above bribing at our house. Don't judge. It works {most of the time :) }.
The best find yet!
C wanted to hold Uncle Craig's hand when she first started hunting. :)
My other sweet girl and me- after a wardrobe change b/c I spilled orange Gatorade all over my white dress 5 minutes after we got to their house.
Cute little bunny slippers.
Looking for Daddy on TV at the Masters.
the ham
bundled up during the egg hunt
My brother came in town for Easter, and for someone the girls don't see very much, they sure are in love with Uncle Walter! They were both WILD and just showing off for him nonstop. It was so cute. My mom said Sinclair was just pulling out all her tricks, one after the other, for him. :) And notice her Masters' duds her Daddy brought home :)
love that precious girl!!













3 comments:
It's SO good to finally breathe and comment again! ;) First off, thank you for the sweetest comment the other night. All the kind words from friends and family have made all the difference. We appreciate them more than you could ever know!! Your Easter looked wonderful. I completely understand about having out-of-whack meltdowns, but it looks like you handled the holiday with such grace and ease! And honest to heavens, that first picture of you I though, "Wow! She looks great. I'd look like death with a five day old." Then I read your comment and died out laughing. You could NEVER look like a cow, ML! You look fantastic!! :D Happy Easter!! xoxo, Brooke
I promise my child did have on a beautiful hand sewn Easter dress made by her great aunt! No pictures of that...just the masters knit onesie. :) Love you new header!
sweet, sweet pics! love y'all!
Post a Comment